Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hatching and annotation scales

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
MartynCowley3208
8024 Views, 5 Replies

Hatching and annotation scales

Using 2010LT with annotative dynamic blocks and annotative text, if I use Pick Points to hatch an area, I get the message "Could not evaluate hatch boundaries at all supported scales" - the hatch appears briefly then disappears and the command terminates. How can I hatch this area?
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: MartynCowley3208

Is your hatch set to be annotative?
Do you have ANNOAUTOSCALE set to 1?
Are you trying to hatch inside a viewport or in modelspace?

--
Dean Saadallah
http://LTisACAD.blogspot.com
--
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous

Doesn't this sound like Martyn is trying to hatch an existing annotative block?
Message 4 of 6

The hatch is User-defined, associative, non-annotative; the area to be hatched is defined by separate entities - mostly polylines with a few non-annotative blocks (door symbols) but with one or two annotative blocks entirely within the area. I have done this in other drawings without the error message appearing.
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous

I have found that by reversing the order of pick points for the hatch(es) I have consistently been able to complete the action. I have tried it in both paper space and model space with similar results.

Message 6 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

I had that same problem when annotative text or dimensions are too close or inside of the hatch area, it solved moving them from the hatch region, other solution is freezing the ofending objects layers

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost