Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hatch

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
delarch
305 Views, 5 Replies

Hatch

I've just made the dramatic leap from AutoCAD LT 2005 to AutoCAD LT 2013.  By far and away the environment in 'Classic" mode is very familiar and there are some new features I really appreciate.  However, one item really getting under my skin is the hatch feature.  In LT 2005 one could pick the points to hatch, if the item is closed or not, by inbdividual mouse click points similar to how you can still check an area now.  Is this hatch feature still available and I just don't have the new program configured properly or will I be forced to draw each item I want to hatch as a 'closed' element? 

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Charles_Shade
in reply to: delarch

Classic Hatch was an add-on to LT 2012 with SP1 I believe.

Enough people complained about the new interface that Autodesk relented and gave this back.

HPDLGMODE set to 1 should do it for you if this still remains in LT 2013.

Use the Ribbon...

Please mark any response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question.

Message 3 of 6
delarch
in reply to: Charles_Shade

Charles:

As much as I would like to jump up and down for joy, I didn't get the desired result with your suggestion.  I'm either missing a step or the CAD Gods have taken that option away once again.  Thanks for your efforts ... always appreciated.

Message 4 of 6
pendean

What part did not work? Simply set HPDLGMODE to 1 gets you the old HATCH command pop-up all the time. Unless 2005's was dramatically different, you seem to be describing -HATCH command's DRAW BOUNDARY option instead (note there is a dash in the name o the command).

Message 5 of 6
delarch
in reply to: pendean

Yes! "-HATCH" works very similar to what I was used to in LT 2005. LT 2005 would show you the snap points for line ends, etc. While I have the snap feature turned on for drawing, etc., it does not seem to function when using -HATCH. Is it possible this feature is turned off in a set up routine somewhere and I simply need to activate it? Thanks for the tips! David E. Lewis, AIA Email: DELewis@DELArch.com Website: www.DELArch.com
Message 6 of 6
pendean

-HATCH has turned off running osnaps for quite a few versions now, I don't recall when as I rarely use it as you do.

You need to tap the F3 button while in a command and activate the ones you wish to use.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost