AutoCAD LT General

Valued Contributor
ggunn
Message 1 of 4 (78 Views)

Hatch question

78 Views, 3 Replies
05-04-2012 05:39 AM

Whenever I try to hatch a region, it's solid, no matter which pattern or transparency I try to select. I start with a closed shape, pull down the hatch menu, select a pattern, click inside the shape, and it's solid and opaque, no matter what pattern or transparency I have selected.  Any ideas as to what I am doing wrong?

*Expert Elite*
Charles_Shade
Message 2 of 4 (75 Views)

Re: Hatch question

05-04-2012 06:23 AM in reply to: ggunn

HPORIGIN too far from area being hatched perhaps?

I've had this happen when I try to hatch an area that the Pattern scale is to big for.

Example: I have a Hatch for 8" siding. If the area to be Hatched is only 6" in height I will get a solid Hatch of this area of the Siding Pattern.

Please mark any response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question.

Regards, Charles Shade            Win8 FAQ
CSHADEDESIGN|AUTOCAD LT|LT-KB|DYNAMIC BLOCKS

Please mark Accept as Solution if your question is answered. Kudos gladly accepted.
Valued Contributor
ggunn
Message 3 of 4 (69 Views)

05-04-2012 07:35 AM in reply to: Charles_Shade

No, that's not the issue.  If I try to hatch even huge areas, the same thing happens. Putzing around with it I can sometimes see hatch lines but they are reverse density.

*Expert Elite*
pendean
Message 4 of 4 (67 Views)

05-04-2012 08:13 AM in reply to: ggunn

LT version?

Which hatch menu pulldown?

Custom or stock patterns?

Did this problem just start? Or is it limited to one/few files?

Are you sure your hatch pattern size is not just real small and from a distance it appears as a solid?

Works fine here.

Dean Saadallah Blog | Facebook | Google+ | Twitter | PINS

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community