Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hard Drive Changed - Now 2014 LT will not start...

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
kcook
625 Views, 7 Replies

Hard Drive Changed - Now 2014 LT will not start...

I cloned my 500G laptop hard drive onto a 1TB.  Now, AutoCAD 2014LT starts opening but then disappears with no message.  How can I get things working again?  I suspect it's probably a licensing issue, but can't find the information anywhere.  Thanks!  KC

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
nestly2
in reply to: kcook

Your configuration probably changed enough with the HDD swap to invalidate your current activation.  Try resetting your license.  After resetting the license, you may recieve a message that you've exceeded the number of activations for your license... if this happens, use the contact info in the message to contact Autodesk and they'll send (email) you a new activation.

How to Reset your Stand-Alone Autodesk Product License

Message 3 of 8
kcook
in reply to: nestly2

Thanks for the info nestly, but it didn't work.  It still goes to open and then after 30 seconds of what looks like a normal start, the program stops opening and disappears.

Message 4 of 8
Charles_Shade

Can you do a repair install of the software?

Maybe that a Registry entry of three did not clone properly.

If not uninstall the software and then reinstall. Back up your customizations first.

Autodesk does recognize that this happens form time to time.

Message 5 of 8
kcook
in reply to: Charles_Shade

Tried repairing...no luck.  Tried reinstalling...no luck.  Software starts to the point where the drawing page appears for a split second and then it shuts down.  😞

Message 6 of 8
pendean

Reformat your harddrive, properly reinstall Windows then only AutoCAD/LT and test.
Your "cloning" is or was the problem most likely.
Right now you don't seem to have any other choice.
Message 7 of 8
kcook
in reply to: pendean

That's not really an option.  There must be a way to correct this.  I will work on it myself unless someone else has some suggestions.  None of my other software is experiencing problems.Robot surprised

Message 8 of 8
Charles_Shade

Autodesk Recommended Clean Install Procedure:
http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?linkID=9240817&id=2887771&siteID=123112

.NET Cleanup Utility:
http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Installation-Licensing/NET-Framework-Cleanup-Tool-for-Unhandled-Except...

And delete all the C++ installs on the System. Then do the install as an administrator. Start for the first time as an administrator.

AutoCAD fickle? Who would have seen that coming?!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

”Boost