Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HPISLANDDETECTION keeps changing

9 REPLIES 9
Message 1 of 10
hwalker
402 Views, 9 Replies

HPISLANDDETECTION keeps changing

Ok so is there a registry setting that I need to change.

I just did a quick experiment on one of my drawings. I changed HPISLANDDECTION TO 0 and saved the drawing. I immediately quit out of LT.

I reloaded LT closed the default template drawing it loads up and opened my drawing. HPISLANDDETECTION has gone back to 1.

LT2012 by the way.

Howard Walker
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Left Handed and Proud

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
pendean
in reply to: hwalker

How are you checking the setting? It's a per-drawing variable, not system wide in LT2012.
Message 3 of 10
hwalker
in reply to: pendean

I thought it might be per drawing. But that is the problem. I changed it to 0 in the drawing, saved the drawing and fully exited out of Autocad. When I reloaded the drawing it had gone back to 1

Howard Walker
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Left Handed and Proud

Message 4 of 10
pendean

Look up HPISLANDDETECTIONMODE, set it to zero and see if that cures it.
Message 5 of 10
nestly2

Just confirming that HPISLANDDETECTION and HPISLANDDETECTIONMODE are not retained for me either... in fact adding them as setvars in acaddoc.lsp doesn't even seem to work...

It looks like we have a choice between "1" and "1" when starting a new AutoCAD session.

Message 6 of 10
hwalker
in reply to: nestly2

Just changed all my templates to 0 and opened one up and it was back at 1 and yes I changed HPISLANDDETECTIONMODE to 0 and it went back to 1 as well

Howard Walker

EESignature

Left Handed and Proud

Message 7 of 10
pendean

Seems to be a 'feature' in AutoCAD and LT, regardless of versions.
Message 8 of 10
etienne123

So what can we do about this "feature" ?
Been workiong with autocad 2009 LT for years, never had this problem. Now using 2014 LT. We are depending on island detection = 0.

Help files can't answer this as far as i can see.
Message 9 of 10
pendean
in reply to: etienne123

Until Autodesk addresses it... Add your desired variables settings to all the buttons you click on and add it to any macros you use using CUI command.
Message 10 of 10
jsnowe

I am very disappointed to see that this was a problem in 2012 and it is still a problem with Autocad LT 2016.

Autodesk needs to remedy this problem.

Tags (1)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost