Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics issue with Autocad LT 2002

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
139 Views, 1 Reply

Graphics issue with Autocad LT 2002

A company I do some consulting work for recently purchased a new eMachines computer with onboard Intel Extreme 3D graphics. They are now experiencing graphics issues when viewing air photos in Autocad LT 2002. All drivers (Windows and Autocad) have been updated, and there are no issues with any other programs. If the air photos are viewed in the imaging program that came with Windows they look fine, but in Autocad LT they look like they are being viewed with a very low resolution and color depth. I have made sure that both Windows and Autocad are set to true color and the proper resolutions but tinkering with these doesn't make a difference. Interestingly, when they are first imported in Autocad LT they look fine, but as soon as they try to modify them in any way such as zooming or resizing, the graphics problem occurs. So far they have tried everything they can think of with no resolution of the problem. To me it looks like an issue with Autocad LT since it works fine outside of Autocad. Can anyone offer some suggestions? Thanks
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

AutoCAD/LT is not a raster Graphics program: it's a vector based CAD program. If the problem is related to the 'new computers', my guess is the 'new' computers are the problem: can you replicate the issue on a different make and mode PC, or maybe one of their 'older' PCs? Also, are you by chance 'resizing' the images? Like, making them bigger after you import into AutoCAD? That's another mistake, since Raster images are usually just 'single shot' views that do not resize without the pixels in the image getting bigger. So, clarke_bb, looks like you got some testing and detailed answers to seek: a sample DWG file would also help if you decide to post back. -- Dean Saadallah Add-on products for LT http://www.pendean.com/lt --

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost