Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphic card issue

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
c.dufrene
434 Views, 6 Replies

Graphic card issue

Hi,

We have workstations installed with what is suposed to be a certified graphic card (according AutoDesk)

000325.jpg

I have made 3 drivers update through AMD site and now I have what i think are the latest (att. 000336.jpg and 000337.jpg and  000338.jpg)

Anyway AutoCAD keeps telling it's unknown Smiley Frustrated

000328.jpg

And I’m a bit lost with all the places where I could find version info...  driver version 8.17 ?????

000329.jpg

So what ? how ? where ? why ?

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
pendean
in reply to: c.dufrene

While you wait.... May I ask why you think you need this ability? I don't have it, never did, and my system seems to be working just fine.

Message 3 of 7
c.dufrene
in reply to: pendean

Some users reported display slowness, flickering, delays, reponsiveness...

So I try to search every possible causes.

Message 4 of 7
pendean

This is for LT2014? or LT2013? There is a world of difference, 2014 flickering was addressed in another post and requires you to replace a system file to correct (and has nothing to do with the topic here).

Let us know.
Message 5 of 7
c.dufrene
in reply to: pendean

It's for 2013 LT (as per the graphic card choice).

I'd like also to have some kind of enlightement about this hardware acceleration.

On different forum you get  both advise: "on" and "off"

So where is the truth ?

Message 6 of 7
Charles_Shade

Somewhere in between.

Hardware Acceleration can depend on the users overall compter setup including the card, RAM, CPU clock speed and other running programs.

There are too many permutations for a one size fits all correction.

In my insular world I do not have problems with the performance of the computer or graphics for any release of LT. Maybe lucky in that regard but I do know that others are not using the same machine nor have the same programs installed therefore may not have the same issues or need a different solution.

Message 7 of 7
pendean

The general advise is, when you have a problem, change hardware acceleration settings in LT2013/2014.
Change: if it's on, turn it off, if it's off, turn it on.

I have an office full of users in Win7Pro 64bit, except for one, none have an Autodesk driver installed and about third of them have hardware acceleration on and the others have it off.

Since you are in Win7, first thing to do is to turn off Win7's Aero theme (a resource hog that thankfully died with Win8), tone down color depth in the display (True Color to High Color for example), and only install the Vid Card Driver found at your PC's manufacturer website (not the card manufacturer's website). Always ensure the monitor is running at optimum settings recommnded by the monitor manufacturer (in my case for example, that's 1920x1080), turn on/off cleartype text display in Windows may help, ensuring TEXT in Windows is set to the default (small) may help too.

BTW, based on your screenshots, the Autodesk website driver version is 1103, you have 1151 installed. Not certified since it's not the same: newer is never 'better' always.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost