Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fuzzy/Edgy Text

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
radiohaktive
6020 Views, 6 Replies

Fuzzy/Edgy Text

I have seen this phenomenon in CAD for years, since I started on R2004. Text sometimes seems fuzzy when you copy and paste from another drawing. Sometimes it doesn't happen at all, other times it's unavoidable.

See attached. Any insight appreciated. My thoughts are that when text styles are 'reconciled' after the paste, things get fuzzy.

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
pendean
in reply to: radiohaktive

TTF fonts do that when their Z elevation height is not 0 (zero): your choices are to fix it or switch to SHX fonts which do not exhibit the problem.

Easiest fix: PROPERTIES command, select the offending text object(s), find the POSITION Z entry and actually type 0 (that's a zero) regardless of what the display shows. If that doesn't do it you may need something more complex to fix it, post back.

Then REGENALL. Note that this will only fix what is already in the file.
Message 3 of 7
radiohaktive
in reply to: pendean

Good stuff, I always wondered if that's what it was, but the properties palette is deceiving. It says the text is at 0". Shoulda tried it anyway. 

Thanks, much appreciated. 

Message 4 of 7
nestly2
in reply to: radiohaktive

Fuzzy text in TrueType fonts occurs when any of the folowing occur

Text is not at 0 elevation (relative to WCS)

The view is not perpendicular to the Text

The view "Target" is not 0 elevation

The visual style is something other than 2DWireframe.

Copy/pasting from a custom UCS to WCS (or vice versa) is the most likely cause in this case, IMO.

Message 5 of 7
scottspeig

I find this does not always work (generally when using blocks with editable text in them). In which case, I have the added "flatten" command found on this forum to resolve this issue:

Macro: ^C^C_move;_all;;0,0,0;0,0,1e99;_move;_p;;0,0,0;0,0,-1e99;

Message 6 of 7
radiohaktive
in reply to: scottspeig

Yup thats the macro I was looking for, mainly for mleaders. Thanks.

Message 7 of 7
ferozali

@pendean wrote:
TTF fonts do that when their Z elevation height is not 0 (zero): your choices are to fix it or switch to SHX fonts which do not exhibit the problem.

Easiest fix: PROPERTIES command, select the offending text object(s), find the POSITION Z entry and actually type 0 (that's a zero) regardless of what the display shows. If that doesn't do it you may need something more complex to fix it, post back.

Then REGENALL. Note that this will only fix what is already in the file.

Thank you so much.............

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost