Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Freezing problem LT 2014 with saves

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
qc1cwi
725 Views, 5 Replies

Freezing problem LT 2014 with saves

I,m running Win 7 64 bit lots of ram and disk space. LT 2014 all of the latest updates and service packs. When I save a drawing by going to File, my machine freezes up and "is not responding" shows above the window. This condition lasts for up to 5 minutes before becoming a usable window again. If I use the big "A" no problem. Tools/Options/Open and Save/ and then change the number of File Open to "0" and the number of Application Menu to "0" then no problem. But then there is no memory list of drawing to go back to either under the Big A or the File. Something is broken. Please help.

Dennis

Tags (1)
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Charles_Shade
in reply to: qc1cwi

Is this a recent problem for you?

Anything change on the computer?

Any third party programs running with AutoCAD?

Message 3 of 6
pendean

"not responding" is a Windows OS message/prompt/rotating circle: so elaborate more by describing where you are saving the file to and if the problem goes way when your PC is not connected to the internet/network.
Message 4 of 6
qc1cwi

I,m running Win 7 64 bit lots of ram and disk space. LT 2014 all of the latest updates and service packs. When I save a drawing by going to File, my machine freezes up and "is not responding" shows above the window. This condition lasts for up to 5 minutes before becoming a usable window again. If I use the big "A" no problem. Tools/Options/Open and Save/ and then change the number of File Open to "0" and the number of Application Menu to "0" then no problem. But then there is no memory list of drawing to go back to either under the Big A or the File. Something is broken. Please help.

Dennis

My freezing problem is not solved. But now I can set the file number to 3 before it freezes at 4

Message 5 of 6
malcolmwhite1306
in reply to: pendean

I have the exact same problem.  Using quick save "locks up" AutoCAD and I have to Wait.............. for everything to catch up.  ITS A PAIN!!!!

Message 6 of 6
pendean

You need to find out what's going on: there a many freeware system software like SystemExplorer and others that can tell you what's going in with the system.

Right now all you're doing is staring at a tinted window so to speak: get behind the glass and find out more.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost