Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Font/Language issue when opening files.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
5125 Views, 4 Replies

Font/Language issue when opening files.

I am trying to open drawing files that have chinese/tiwanese characters. When I open up the files, I get an error message that says:

One or more SHX files are missing. What do you want to do?

SHX files, called shape files, are used for text fonts or symbol fonts. The missing SHX files were not transferred with the file, or they were moved, renamed, or deleted.

The number of missing SHX files missing:2

->Specify a replacement for each SHX file.

->Ignore the missing SHX files and continue. (the text styles or symbols using SHX files are not displayed in the drawing)

If I click on the ignore option, I get the following message:

The following language packs are missing. What do you want to do?

-If they are not already installed, use windows to install the following language packs:

Japanese,

Korean,

Traditional Chinese,

Simplified Chinese.

Note: A malicious acad.vlx file that causes drawing corruption also displays this message. On the Autodesk website, search Knowledge Base for ID:TS13717811 and follow the instructions.

->Open the drawing (the text in the drawing may not be displayed correctly)

->Cancel and install the missing language packs (in the windows operating system, install the missing language packs)

I have searched the knowledge base for ID:TS13717811 and it is not found.

Does anyone have any idea how or where I would be able to download the language pack needed to solve this issue?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

I found the Knowledge Base ID:TS13717811, and that was not the issue.

*edit - I downloaded the Windows XP Japanese, Korean, Traditional Chinese, and Simplified Chinese Language packs from Microsoft's website, and this has enabled the drawings to be read, however I still get an error message when opening the files that the language packs are missing.

Message 3 of 5
pendean

Ask the file originators/creators to send you the missing SHX and shape fonts: they can use ETRANSMIT command to package a ZIP file for you.

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous

I cannot find TS13717811 when searching the Knowledge Base.  Could you please add a link to this TS bulletin?

Thank you.

Message 5 of 5
pendean

Google search does wonders, you should try it sometime:

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=13717811&linkID=9240617

It has nothing to do with the topic of this thread as noted.

Look up Language Packs around where you are posting, if you are sure it's not a missing font fix.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost