Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Flattening 3D to 2D

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
auhrig
8607 Views, 5 Replies

Flattening 3D to 2D

I have AutoCAD LT 2008 and need to be able to flatten 3d objects.  I have followed all instructions for the plot to dxb and have successfully saved the files but now can't get them to open.  What are the next steps?  I have tried to open a new drawing and open the dxb file using the 'DXBIN", and "DBOUT" commands which show as unknown commands. 

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Charles_Shade
in reply to: auhrig

DXBIN and DXBOUT are not LT Commands.

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=2876115&linkID=9240817

This may be the only way to get what you need:

-Flatten Z coordinate:
^C^C_move;_all;;0,0,0;0,0,1e99;_move;_p;;0,0,0;0,0,-1e99;

Message 3 of 6
pendean

LT has no ability to flatten 3D natively. The tip above only moves objects to Z=0 elevation.

What type of 3D objects are you trying to convert?
Message 4 of 6
auhrig
in reply to: pendean

I have a Thermador Rangetop block for example that is drawn in 3D that I really need to flatten if possible.  I'm probably not giving you enough information, but I'm not sure what exactly you need to know.  I tried to attach the file, but it is too large

Message 5 of 6
pendean

Try exploding it, rotating around it with UCS to "peel off" what you might need, then reblock perhaps.

Or simply trace over it to create your own "2D" (even easier to do if they offer a PDF of their block).

Many manufacturers only offer 3D models these days, which might mean you only get to work with it ultimately with no changes.

Message 6 of 6
Charles_Shade
in reply to: pendean

I did just that to a water closet to get a flat representation.

Tracing over or removing many of the 3D entities using different views (Front, Top, Side, etc.) did the trick.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost