Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fatal error opening a LT file in Autocad structure design

9 REPLIES 9
SOLVED
Message 1 of 10
Subje
1289 Views, 9 Replies

Fatal error opening a LT file in Autocad structure design

Hi,

So about my english, i m dutch normally. So first i gonna explain the situation. I Draw structures in Concrete on Autocad LT 2013. This is always in a template dwg with our standard blocks or settings. When i m finished, element is ready, custom properties is adjusted.

Then the second step is drawing the reinforcement by my colleague in AUTOCAD STRUCTURE DESIGN 2013. But every time she opens a drawing she gets a fatal error. (the one showed in the pdf). we also did some experiments like purging audit. copying everything to a brand new dwg. remaking the blocks. so you can say i lost quite some time on it. but nothing works and it seem to get worses the more advanced our drawings becomes (blocks etc.). it has also something to do with luck. like 1 of the 4 times we can open the same drawing. i also noticed if we zoom out or in a clean area ( with no lines or other objects) we get more luck that she can open that drawing. the reinforcement that she draws (in ASD) is showed as proxy objects in LT. 

Anyone some opinions or solutions cause it really getting on my nerve and i losings lots of times 'cause it.

greets Dieter

__________________________________________________________________________________
There isn't anything you can't to do if you keep believing.

Met vriendelijk groeten, With best regards,
Sincères salutations,

Dieter Bevernage
9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
Charles_Shade
in reply to: Subje

Message 3 of 10
Subje
in reply to: Charles_Shade

No. i start in a autocad LT 2013 version, and then for the reinforcement my colleague draws in Autocad Structure Detailing 2013. error occurs on the ASD version. i don't have the error on my LT version.
__________________________________________________________________________________

Sincères salutations,

Dieter Bevernage
Message 4 of 10
Charles_Shade

Have you tried opening a file using Recover with the ASD Seat?

See if that returns any errors there?

The Proxy warnings make sense since the vertical (ASD) saved file is being opened by the generic (LT) program.

Message 5 of 10
pendean

Since this is not an LT issue, you will need to post in the ASD forum and post a file for other ASD (AutoCAD Structural Detailing) users to help identify the problem:
http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/AutoCAD-Structural-Detailing/bd-p/346

And yes, you will always get ProxyObjects in LT when ASD adds content: you are using the low-end AutoCAD that draws lines and circles and they are using a high end version with custom unique object types that have relevance to the discipline in question.
Message 6 of 10
Subje
in reply to: Charles_Shade

she just did a recovery with ASD. en it tells audit didn't found any error. Well that's the problem, we don't know where the problem is, it can be with ASD or with LT. Autocad Architecture and AutoCAD has no errors with the drawing. 

Sincères salutations,

Dieter Bevernage
Message 7 of 10
pendean

Buggy installation or shaky PC if three out of four programs have no issues with the file.
Seek confirmation in the ASD forum before you completely remove ASD, reformat the PC, reinstall the OS and then ASD.
Message 8 of 10
Subje
in reply to: pendean

Ok, I m now on the ASD forum.
Link:
http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/AutoCAD-Structural-Detailing/Fatal-error-opening-a-file-in-Autocad-str...

reply in ASD forum.

thanks!

Sincères salutations,

Dieter Bevernage
Message 9 of 10
dcplindia

I am using Autocad 2012 LT and 2013 LT, when i am copy paste in diffrent drawing suddenly  show fatal error or low memory message , i have core 2 duo processor and 2 GB ram, i have reinstalled OS and autocad LT version but same as problem , do not resolve problem till date. please give me a guidance and how to resolve it. 

Message 10 of 10
pendean

1. Very low end PC specs, barely acceptable.
2. Copying to the clipboard requires read/write/rename/delete full access to your windows log in temp folder.
3. Windows System restore back to a month or year it all worked should have been the first thing to try. It may not be too late to still try it.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost