Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FILTER and SELECTSIMILAR

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
idarosemena
3337 Views, 7 Replies

FILTER and SELECTSIMILAR

In Autocad LT 2013 have removed the command FILTER, which was very useful to select any element, making the selection from ALL the drawing or marked in a window, and can also discriminate elements by their properties, using

wilcard if you needed.

With SELECTSIMILAR,  I note is the command more close  to FILTER, when one selects a type of object and the command, (SE) selecting only certain properties, it operates only in ALLl drawing  and cannot be used in a window, to select only certain objects of a section of the drawing; and  cannot discoriminar, or use wilcards, as it could in filter.

Look above a tool very versatile used in a 1998 CAD. Please enable the command FILTER 

FILTER2

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
pendean
in reply to: idarosemena

Did you type the command, or just hunting for it on the menu? Seems to work fine here, see screenshot.

SELECTSIMILARMODE lets you control what SELECTSIMILAR sorts when used.

Message 3 of 8
idarosemena
in reply to: pendean

Sorry, i am talking in Autocad LT 2013 for MAC

i don't see this command for FILTER.

Do tou tel me how, in MAC?

Message 4 of 8
Charles_Shade
Message 5 of 8
pendean

You are in the Windows forum
Message 6 of 8
idarosemena
in reply to: pendean

Everything is fine but I need to select only part of the drawing, through a small window and  to effectively using selectsimilarmode. 

For example I have a drawing where  is drawn 2 floors of a residence and I need to select a specific layer, but only on the second floor; selectsimilar command selects the layer of the entire drawing, including the first floor, which I don't want to select.

Autodesk , please work on that modification , I must resort to the Filter command in Autocad LT 2012, and I working en Autocad LT 2013

Thank you very much.

I@B

Message 7 of 8
Charles_Shade

What is your SELECTSIMILARMODE set to and what are the differences in the First Floor Layer and the Second Floor Layer?

Fro both your LT 2012 and LT 2013 Seats.

Message 8 of 8
pendean

First of all, did you read the replies so far that you are in the WINDOWS forum and you see help with the MAC versions of LT? Just checking.

Do you organize your floors by layer (appears you do not), or just put one on the left side of the drawing area and one on the right side of the drawing are (seems what you do)? Sorting is all about filtering and isolating proerties of objects, the less there is in common between the two floors the better chance you have of using the tools you want/need.

For example:

Second Floor should have it's own set of layers

First Floor should have it's own set of layers

Now you can isolate and select much more easily: SELECTSIMILAR and FILTER and QSELECT commands are separate and none are a replacement for one or the other. All are valid commands, did you take a class where someone told you FILTER command is obsolete? Each command have their strengths and limitations.

>>>..selectsimilar command selects the layer of the entire drawing, including the first floor...<<<

So hold down the CTRL key and select the area you don't want afterwards: deselection is part of LT. Oh wait, you are on a MAC, so what is the equivalent to deselect?

Your issue may be your lack of layer organization of the CAD file, not a program limitation sadly 😞

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

”Boost