Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FATAL ERROR messages

13 REPLIES 13
SOLVED
Message 1 of 14
r.nashWHP
1214 Views, 13 Replies

FATAL ERROR messages

Hi all,

I keep on getting the fatal error messages like FATAL ERROR: unhandled Access Violation Reading 0xffffffff Exception at 1a89fc50h, when doing simple commands such as move, copy or selecting objects. It has also occurred when I've tried to save. They can occur up to 4 times a day and as you can imagine it can get quiet annoying.

I have tried emptying my temp folders and I've ensured my copy of AutoCAD 2011 LT is up to date but these are only temporary solutions as a few days later they will appear again.

Does anyone know a why to prevent these error messages from occurring

Cheers

13 REPLIES 13
Message 2 of 14
Charles_Shade
in reply to: r.nashWHP

Were these files created in an earlier version perhaps?

Can you post a sample problem drawing? (Post one that this has happned to.)

Message 3 of 14
r.nashWHP

Yes some of the drawings where first created in an earlier version, as some of them are nearly 10 years old.

I've attached the latest drawing that I've had an error message occur whilst I've been trying to complete it. The error message that I got was on my previous post.

Message 4 of 14
r.nashWHP

Sorry I forgot one thing, this first started to happen when I had to convert Microstation drawing (.hln files) into AutoCAD files, either as .dwg or .dxf.

Although now it the error messages appear if I'm using an AutoCAD files.

Message 5 of 14
Charles_Shade

I just Copied, Moved, Copy/Paste, etc. w/o issue

I wanted to see the plan in case there were excess Filters or Scale Lists. These were clean

Audit reported no errors.

The drawing is missing the XREF that is attached to it.

Have you tried detaching the XREF and making sure that it is clean as well?

Message 6 of 14

The drawing has been open for over an hour and no issues with Copy, Move, etc...

Message 7 of 14
pendean

What Windows version are you using?

Message 8 of 14
r.nashWHP
in reply to: pendean

I've checked the x-ref and it's clean.

I've got Windows XP professional, 2002 edition.

Message 9 of 14
r.nashWHP
in reply to: Charles_Shade

I've checked teh x-ref and it's clean - I'm the only person in the office's who gets these error messages.

I've had a few error messages when I've just closed a drawing, this happened today with the one that I posted the other day.

Message 10 of 14
Charles_Shade

Sounds like it is time to start over.

Back up all Customizations first.

If you are allowed, grab this program REVO UNINSTALLER (Free Version) and use its most aggressive setting on the AutoCAD install. Then check thru the registry with the advice below.

Autodesk Recommended Clean Install Procedure:
http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?linkID=9240817&id=2887771&siteID=123112

Message 11 of 14
pendean

Most likely your video card driver and LT2011 are not a good match: it would appear your file crashes during LT's graphical functions (move, copy etc.) but not all the time, just occasionally (up to 4-times a day in your post).

I would start by trying to find upgraded drivers (and then test each one) from the manufacturer of your PC, then the vid crd maker (if any), then Autodesk's supported graphics list::
http://www.autodesk.com/autocad-graphicscard

Message 12 of 14
r.nashWHP
in reply to: pendean

I have tried some of the above solutions and they seemed to be working, I think it may have been after I updated my vid-drive.

But recently I have been getting Fatal error messages 2/3 times a day.

It has been occuring even when I start a drawign from skratch.

Has anyone any other solutions or should i go through them all again and hope to gain a temp solution again.

Bob

Message 13 of 14
Charles_Shade

If you are unsure of what is currently causing the crashes after the corrections fixed the problem than you will need to start over.

And if the problem does persist then you may need to Format the harddrive and start really clean.

Message 14 of 14
r.nashWHP
in reply to: Charles_Shade

I thought that might be the solution i was just hoping it wasn't

Cheers

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost