Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Extra lines in drawing

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
pmcdonough
3135 Views, 8 Replies

Extra lines in drawing

I recently installed 2015LT and every drawing I open has a spider's wed of lines running accross the entire drawing (see attachment). I've narrowed it down to text, if I turn off the text layers the lines disappear. This also happens on new drawings. It's been quite a while since I last used Acad so I'm assuming I'm missing something simple. 

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
rkmcswain
in reply to: pmcdonough

That drawing looks fine to me. Can you attach a screenshot of yours?
R.K. McSwain     | CADpanacea | on twitter
Message 3 of 9
pmcdonough
in reply to: rkmcswain

This should make more sense

Message 4 of 9
pendean

Sorry, no such lines like that here either: try turning off LINESMOOTHING variable and even changing LT2015's hardware acceleration settings and see if that helps.

I did get a proxy notice: is this file from another version of AutoCAD? Looks like from AutoCAD Mechanical. I deleted them in AutoCAD 2015 for you and 'flattened' the file content.

Oh, there is a new patch for LT2015: install it and see if it helps at all.

Message 5 of 9
braudpat
in reply to: pendean

Hello

+1 with Dean

In theory, the SP 1 for ACAD LT 2015 must solve this display problem !?

http://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad-lt/downloads/caas/downloads/content/autodesk-autocad-l...

And please don't hesitate to update your graphic card driver ...

Patrice ( Supporting Troops ) - Autodesk Expert Elite
If you are happy with my answer please mark "Accept as Solution" and if very happy please give me a Kudos (Felicitations) - Thanks

Patrice BRAUD

EESignature

Message 6 of 9
edwin.prakoso

Have you tried to turn off graphic acceleration?

Type GRAPHICSCONFIG then enter. In the dialog, click the graphic acceleration switch.

Click OK, then see if it can solve the problem.

If this post solves your problem, please mark it as solved. It will help others with a similar problem to find a solution.

Kind regards,

Edwin Prakoso
LinkedIn | Website | Twitter
Message 7 of 9
don
Enthusiast

Slightly different problem with AutoCAD Architecture 2015- cursor trails, the cursor staggers across the page etc., the new select has epileptic fits.  I was directed to turn off hardware acceleration as well.  So, do not have this problem with other programs or previous editions.  I am running an nVIdia quadro 2000M, 16 gigs, of RAM and i7 processoer in a W520 laptop.  Not a shabby machine.  I can run ACA 2015, 3DS and PS6 at the same time, open and cranking so it's not the BOard, its the programming in ACA 2015.  What gives?  What changed?  Why do I have to run without hardware acceleration?

Message 8 of 9
pendean
in reply to: don

2015 abuses video cards and their drivers even more that before, and seems to be creating havoc on laptops at the moment. Until a driver from Autodesk or nVidia fixes it that seems to be the easier solution at the moment.
Message 9 of 9
vbeals

I am new to using a Forum and I don't that much about autocad.  But, I tripped over this reply you gave someone else and it worked for me.

Thank you!!!  

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost