Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Excel file "unreferenced"

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
brian
8423 Views, 5 Replies

Excel file "unreferenced"

I am having trouble linking an Excel table. The attached screen shots show what I am doing:

I open Data Link Manager

Capture4 - selecting linked table

Capture5 - opened selected Excel file - note that the File References window shows the new link as unreferenced but it appears correctly in the preview pane.  I also tried linking a named range & specified range with the same result - the preview is correct but the reference is tagged as "unreferenced".  I also tried all combinations of cell contents & formatting options - same result

Capture6 - everything looks OK in Data Link Manager but link shows as "unreferenced"

When I click OK in Data Link Manager nothing appears on my drawing & link still shows as "unreferenced"

I have used this table linking method many times in the past & it has worked but now it has stopped working.  Am I missing something obvious? Is there some setting that has to be changed?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
brian
in reply to: brian

I forgot to mention, this is LT2012
Message 3 of 6
pendean

Using actual command names (not menu labels), walk us through each step from start to finish.

Commands of relevance are INSERTOBJ, OLELINKS and anything else you might be using (or not).
Message 4 of 6
brian

_xref
_DATALINK
clicked on "create a new excel data link"
entered "1" as "name"
clicked "browse for file" ...
selected "test.xls"
clicked "open" - resulting screen shot shown in Capture5.jpg
clicked "OK" - resulting screen shot shown in Capture6.jpg
clicked "OK" - "file references" dialog box shows new link "1" as unreferenced & nothing appears on the drawing.

Message 5 of 6
brian

I figured out my mistake.  I have to start with the _table command then the link I create is loaded.

Problem solved

Message 6 of 6
seregadushka

Colleagues, I noticed that the connection with Excel, lying on level 2 investments are not updated. Need to open a new link, update links with Excel (a very long time about 5 seconds on each drawing, i.e. about 1 sec on each link!), Close external links. Update external links in the main drawing. If you do 2 projects at the same time, the external link to them is the same, but the signature on it is different for each project. Can you imagine that happening?
Hey, at Autodesk! In the yard in 2014, wake up!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost