Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Excel and LT 2012

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
design-girl-634
269 Views, 1 Reply

Excel and LT 2012

I am using Excel 2010 & LT 2012.  I need to import spreadsheets into my drawings as OLE objects.  For a while, the process worked fine - I could just copy to clipboard and paste the worksheet in as an image.  For some reason, this is no longer working properly and the information will only insert as editable text, not the image of the fomatted spreadsheet.  Unfortunately I DO NOT want the information to be in an editable format.  If I insert the worksheet as an OLE, only the first page will insert.  The only solution I could come up with was to PDF each sheet of the worksheet and then PDFATTACH to the file. 

I also do not have the AutoCAD Entities option of Paste Special.  My only Paste Special options are Unicode Text, Text or OEM Text.  I assume this is an LT difference.

Is there a setting or command that would allow me in insert the information as an image rather than Text...like I said, it worked properly for a while so I am thinking it might be a simple setting change...

Another issue is that when plotting spreadsheet information in CAD, it only registers 50% - the remaining information is not visible.  Any thoughts?

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
pendean
in reply to: design-girl-634

Method of pasting in LT where it stopped?

Method of selecting the cells and copying in Excel?

Which of the two did you start changing recently? No AutoCAD Entities means your selection method in Excel was limited.

OLE has a size limit: usually about the size of a letter page. is this the real "one" problem, you want more of the spreadsheet as an OLE?

Printing to what? what driver? can't answer a missing 50% question since I;m not sure if we are still talking about OLE or the PDF you attached.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost