Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error Message in AutoCAD LT 2012

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
DANMIDDLETON7863
3676 Views, 8 Replies

Error Message in AutoCAD LT 2012

I just downloaded, from subscription the latest AutoCAD LT 2012.  When working in a viewport, which has some layers frozen in the viewport, I tried to save my file and received the following error:

"The object cannot be resolved or value limit has been exceeded.

Inconsistent associative objects may display geometry and grips incorrectly and update in unexpected ways when edited.  You can undo to restore the associative object to its previous state."

Does anyone have any idea what this means?  Can you please translate into ENGLISH.

I was creating a boundary from an existing polyline in the drawing.  If you draw a rectangle, then say you want the same rectangle inside this one with an offset of 4" on the top, bottom and right side and 6" offset on the left.  Once I had this drawing done, I tried to save the file and it gave me this error.

As I was not very far into the drawing from my previous save, I thought I would just exit AutoCAD and see if when I went back in I could continue, however, when I went back into the drawing it lost all of my associative dimensioning on the project I am working on.  45 minutes of updating ALL dimensions in the drawing, and now I have the exact same problem.

ARGH!!! I truly wish Autodesk would try out the "New" products before releasing them.  I have not even had it installed for 24 hours and already there are glitches.

Dan Middleton MD Design
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
pendean
in reply to: DANMIDDLETON7863

>>>...I was creating a boundary from an existing polyline in the drawing....<<<

So if you did this in another file, or a new file, the same thing happens? Or is the problem one file? I cannot replicate but I don't have your original file.

Just staring at your error message: are you creating associative hatches?

Do you have SAVEFIDELITY variable turned on, but set SAVE to something lower than 2010 format?

>>>... I truly wish Autodesk would try out the "New" products before releasing them...<<<

You can always join and participate in the real-world testing of anything coming out in the future: http://beta.autodesk.com and influence the next one with active involvement.

Message 3 of 9

Sorry, not meant as a "dig" it is just very frustrating. I did sign up for the BETA testing link that you sent, so Thank You.  I am more than willing to help out when I can.

More on my error message:

I had to do a complete redraw on a number of objects.  I also had this annoying error prevent me from saving my file.  When you first open your drawing, and it gives me the same error, there is NOTHING TO UNDO so I am not sure what the error is telling me to do.  I purged the file 3 times, used the new delete duplicate objects and typed in "all" when it asked me to select objects.  I then purged again, and it now allows me to save without giving me this error. 

I would really appreciate any feedback.

Dan Middleton MD Design
Message 4 of 9

Have the same problem with AutoCAD 2012 when opening or saving a file

Simple 2D drawing, 64 layers, No blocks, purged drawing, did an audit of drawing - nothing helped.

Moved file to local machine drive - same issue.

Reviewed layer name for any unusual characters - nothing

Solution:

Drawing had all but 1 layer locked.

Unlocked all layers, saved drawing, closed drawing

Opened - no error

Locked all but 1 layer, saved file, closed file, opened file - ERROR

Message 5 of 9
pendean
in reply to: dan.rohrbach

Post the DWG file, that's unusual.

Message 6 of 9
damo3

same thing just happened to me. found this post, yup i had locked layers, i unlocked them, fixed. lock them again and i get the error when opening the file. havent seen this before... interesting...

Message 7 of 9
neuve
in reply to: DANMIDDLETON7863

Got the same message when finishing editing some closed polylines and some hatches associated to them. Never could undo.

My solution: Isolate problematic entities, explode, delete hatches, flatten polylines (I know, I tried to draw on 2d but im drawing over another which I cant assure is completely 2D), join lines, close polylines and create hatches again.  

Hope this helps 

Message 8 of 9

Hi Dear sir,

I did wat u r telling n did  all locked layer in unlock but its still lik ds only.Same error coming. So wat i hav to do. I did all thing purg audit lock all layers n unlock too. But i dont know one layer is showing lock but wenever i m seeing in layers its not. So wat should i hav to do.

Message 9 of 9
eecenarro

thanks Dan!!, that's what was happening to me.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost