Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

End of Life

13 REPLIES 13
SOLVED
Message 1 of 14
SKasrai
8478 Views, 13 Replies

End of Life

Hello,

Would anyone be able to find out where I can obtain the End of Support/Life dates for AutoDesk AutoCad LT 2012, 2013, and 2014 (if applicable)? I am surprised AD does not have this information on their website? Please advise...

13 REPLIES 13
Message 2 of 14
Charles_Shade
in reply to: SKasrai

Welcome to the Autodesk Forums!

That information is not available because it most likely has not been decided yet. My opinion would be 2018,2019,2020.

But that would depend on what you mean by support. The Autodesk Forums just recently archived R14 in March of 2013. That would be somewhere in the neighborhood of 16 years with peer to peer support. Pretty good I should think.

There are upgrade paths back to LT 2009 I believe so that would be at least 5 versions or so.

Message 3 of 14
pendean

No such thing, your license is good for as long as you use it and you can install it.

A quick tip is to hop on the Autodesk eStore and see how far back you can upgrade at a discount: as of right now LT2008 qualifies, so you've got a long way to go before LT2012 and higher fall off the list. if this is an upgrade question.

if this is a support question, unless you are on subscription it's fair to say support dries up if more than a version back from the current shipping. Realize LT2012 is one DWG format behind, it's probably not going to see much of additional updates except perhaps if they decide to add Win8 support.

If you seek an offcial statement there will perobably be one in 4-years for LT2012, 5 for 13 and so on.

Message 4 of 14
braudpat
in reply to: Charles_Shade

Hello

What do you mean by support ?

For example ACAD 2012 will be supported during many years today !

but if you find a bug on any 2012 version, and the bug is not present in ACAD 2013/2014

Do you think that Autodesk will write a special Patch/Hotfix for you ?

If you are a customer with 500/1000 licences, maybe ?!

So you have to be "careful" ...

Bye, Pat

Patrice ( Supporting Troops ) - Autodesk Expert Elite
If you are happy with my answer please mark "Accept as Solution" and if very happy please give me a Kudos (Felicitations) - Thanks

Patrice BRAUD

EESignature

Message 5 of 14
pendean
in reply to: braudpat

"support" as in Autodesk is scheduled to release patches or updates: except for possibly Win8 addition, support is a paid service a user has and not a free, whether you have 1 license or a 1000.

If the OP has a 1000 licenses they would not be asking us, but asking their full service provider for the answer.

No need to read nbetween the lines if the OP is not volunteering information. There are many variables, you can't start answering all of them and confusing a simple basic question.
Message 6 of 14
SKasrai

Here is an example: Adobe X and Adobe XI. Adobe Acrobat Professional will announce an identified date in which the Adobe will no longer attempt to market or sell the Adobe X to consumers. This is known as the End of Life. However, the End of Support falls well after the EOL. Adobe will continue to address security vulnerabilities, release patches, and or service packs for Adobe X until a specified date. After the End of Support date, the product will no longer be supported by the Vendor. For government agencies, these are important milestones that need to be identified. It is imperative to know when a product is reaching EOL or EOS in order to make decisions on migrating over to a newer version.

Adobe Pro 9 is reaching EOS in July 2013 which means that Adobe will no longer provide technical support or distribute runtimes, including product and/or security updates, for all derivatives of a product or product version (e.g. localized versions, minor upgrades, operating systems, dot and double-dot releases, and connector products). Since government agencies require constant support for products, they would not seek to purchase Adobe Pro 9. Make sense?!

Message 7 of 14
pendean

Youn will need to contact an Authorized Autodesk reseller for official statements and documents: this is peer support, end users helping other end users.
Message 8 of 14
SKasrai
in reply to: pendean

Would you have their number?

Message 9 of 14
pendean

Find the one(s) that service your region of the world here:
http://www.autodesk.mx/adsk/servlet/index?siteID=123112&id=1088188
Message 10 of 14
dJovica24
in reply to: Charles_Shade

How many years after a release has been made available for sale will Autodesk provide service packs and hot fixes? 

Message 11 of 14
pendean
in reply to: dJovica24

Autodesk only supports three versions back from the current shipping version UNLESS there is some disastrous event that may compel them to go further back (not sure that';s ever happened though).
Message 12 of 14

Hi @dJovica24,

I guess this page will cover all your questions.

-----------------------------
Please accept as solution if my post fully resolves your issue, or reply with additional details if the problem persists.

Message 13 of 14

Not really.

The query was in relation to still supporting and on developing the release with service packs and updates.

For example, AutoCAD 2014: is Autodesk still doing service pack updates and hot fixes/patches on this release?

Message 14 of 14
pendean
in reply to: dJovica24

An example: Windows 10 came out and Autodesk only went out of their way to make AutOAd/LT2015 and higher compatible.

So what do you think? That answers your question and you decide if you need to hang on to 2014 for life or not.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost