Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Editing Layers For Model Space through the Sheet Set Manager

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
cdmiske
310 Views, 4 Replies

Editing Layers For Model Space through the Sheet Set Manager

Hello All.

I am looking for a way to have all layers to be on that are in the local drawing file when you drag out a model view from the sheet set manager paette.

I am aware that layers can be set to either be on or off with the view manager for a viewport in the model view file but what happens that I have a set of layers built into each sheet and would like all those layers in the file I am crating a viewport when dragging the view into my paperspace to automatically be on in the viewport.

If there is a command line entry6 that sets this by default or a setting somewhere that can accomplish this would be great to know.

Chris

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
pendean
in reply to: cdmiske

You seem to be talking about many unrelated topics in this post.

Do you just want a viewport that is copied from another file to just come on automatically all by itself?
Or are you wanting to copy layers between the two files too?
Or do you want stock layers you always like to use to be inserted in all your files?
Or are you trying to copy layouts between sheets in your SSM?
Message 3 of 5
cdmiske
in reply to: pendean

I was wondering if this did not sound clear.

I have a template system I use for developing architectural sets. In this set I have a "base drawing" that gets Xref'd into several sheets. In each sheet I have localized layer sets. When I use the sheet set manager palette model view tab to drag the xref onto the paper space of the current sheet I am working on it automatically freezes the layers preset in the local sheet in the viewport. What I am hoping for is a way for it not to do that and all layers localized in the sheet I am working on do not automatically get frozen in the viewport when using this method.

Worst case scenario I will have to change my workflow to accommodate the way AutoCAD operates.

Chris

Message 4 of 5
pendean
in reply to: cdmiske

Message 5 of 5
cdmiske
in reply to: pendean

I appreciate the assist, but I have a feeling that what I am looking for is super specific and I will just have to continue to manually turn on all the layers I want to see in the viewport every time. I was hoping that burried someerhe deep witnin the list of command prompts there was a global on off switch.

The information you posted does work for copied viewports but not when one is autopmatically being generated by the SSM system.

The ony reason for looking into this was because of some co-workers complaining about not seeing the layers show up in the viewport and are not willing to jsut work in paperspace. IF I could jsut convince the powers that be that working in paperspace would solve the issue then that would be it, but that is too simple of a solution.

If the auto update bug for the dims (found in 2013) still worked in 2014 I probably could get everyone on board.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost