Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dynamic Door Block out of the box

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
david.rosen
484 Views, 3 Replies

Dynamic Door Block out of the box

what is the secret for inserting the dynamic door block. It seems to want to rotate and flip around but I cant seem to find a way to control that when placing the door. Once it is placed I understand the swittches which adjust swint, door width and jamb thickness, but I usually have to use rotate and move command to get the door where I want it.

I am using AutoCAD LT 2011

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Charles_Shade
in reply to: david.rosen

It has an Alignment Parameter associated with it.

If you find this annoying open the Dynamic Block in the Block editor and remove this Parameter. It will be a square with a triangle shape at the top.

BUT - Think about what you are doing. In the long run you may be better leaning how to work with it or what the other options for rotating the block are.

In the door DynBlk's that I have created I do not use an Alignment Parameter but rather allow the DynBlk to be Rotated when inserted from the Palette. This can seem an extra step but works well for me.

Many out there feel that the Alignment Parameter is buggy just as you have described.

This Parameter is actually working just as intended.

Please mark any response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question.
Kudos + gladly accepted if you are feeling magnanimous

Message 3 of 4
david.rosen
in reply to: Charles_Shade

Thanks for the acknowledgement that this alighment parameter is buggy. Perhaps my mouse curser is too sensitive, because it seems to me that the parameter should allow me some control before clicking to lock the block in position. I don't think the door ever aligns properly with the wall.

Message 4 of 4
Charles_Shade
in reply to: david.rosen

Hence why people think it is buggy.

Get used to it; it is working correctly.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost