Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Distance command in Autocad LT 2010

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
deantomlinson
844 Views, 3 Replies

Distance command in Autocad LT 2010

When I perform the distance command, after picking the 2nd point a menu appears on the command line that reads

Distance/Radius/Angle/Area/Volume/Exit.

To close the distance command I have to pick exit or hit escape.

Can this menu be turned off. Is it a system variable.

I used to be able to terminate the distance command just by picking the 2nd point.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Johneng
in reply to: deantomlinson

It sounds like you are using the distance option for the measuregeom command. You can use the following macro to get the measuregeom command to exit the command after the second point is picked.

^C^Cmeasuregeom;d;\\x;

You can also type DIST on the command line and get the same result as the macro.

You can also modify your PGP file to have one key start the DIST command. Since I rarely use dimensions I modifed my PGP file to have the D key start the DIST command.

Message 3 of 4
danhoward
in reply to: Johneng

exactly the same problem and i am struggling as i use this command a lot and suddenly it stopped working

woudl love a fix if possible

dan

autocad neophyte

Message 4 of 4
pendean
in reply to: danhoward

which exact problem? There are two command: DIST which does distances aqnd have always been in AutoCAD and most users prefer it, and MEASUREGEOM command has a distance suboption as part of a more complex command: they don't work the same way.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

”Boost