Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dimensions acting very strange.

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
karlkarpuk
991 Views, 2 Replies

Dimensions acting very strange.

Hello!

I ran into a problem with my dimensions. Everything worked just fine until suddenly, in model tab, every new dimension i wanted to draw, looked like this (see .jpg attatchment). I didnt modify anything. Just changed to layout tab for a moment and then back to model. When i chnged the text height into 10x bigger just to see the difference, the white dimension line just got wider and thats it.

Dimensions work well in layout space though...

What am i missing?

Added the .dwg file as well just in case.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
pendean
in reply to: karlkarpuk

Your UCS is rotated: your 2D dimensions are not. This did not happen on it's own, you drew or pasted everything in this plane somehow.

Why did you rotate the 2D modelspace plan around the Z axis? Quick fix, UCS command's VIEW option resets it. I assume you know why you are drawing 2D in a rotated UCS plane.

Message 3 of 3
karlkarpuk
in reply to: karlkarpuk

Head was so full of stuff i didnt even think of that. I thank you kind sir.

Now i remember, how it couldve happened: I needed a layout consisting of 3D and 2D view both. I added a new, 3D viewport but since i wasnt familiar with it before, i must have mixed something up, resulting in my previous problem.

Thanks again!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost