Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dimension Text

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
david.hobson
1284 Views, 5 Replies

Dimension Text

When copying dimensions within a drawing, the figure and/or text is shown bold and I cannot change it. A similar problem occurred with ordinary text and was solved using the "Z" properties. The same principle does not apply to dimensions. Is there a cure for this problem?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Do you have the Text Style you are expecting assigned to the Dimension Style that you are using?

Message 3 of 6
pendean
in reply to: david.hobson

Post a sample DWG with the problem or browse around here for a macro you can add to LT using CUI command: Z=something other than zero remains the problem, but PROPERTIES command does not offer a fix for dimensions if that's what you mean by "not working".

Message 4 of 6
Charles_Shade
in reply to: pendean

-Flatten Z coordinate:
^C^C_move;_all;;0,0,0;0,0,1e99;_move;_p;;0,0,0;0,0,-1e99;

That should be in the FAQ Smiley Wink

Message 5 of 6
david.hobson
in reply to: pendean

Good morning.

I'm not sure if I am doing this correctly but I have tried to attach a drawing highlighting my problem with dimension text showing bold which I am trying to eliminate.

I think it is something to do with "Z" coordinates but I cannot resolvemy issue.

Your help would be greatly appreciated.

regards

DAveid Hobson

Message 6 of 6
pendean
in reply to: david.hobson

Setting UNITS to it's highest precision settings shows the problem in PROPERTIES command and LIST command for text and dimensions (see attached).

You'll need to use the macro posted above to fix the dimension strings. Here is a tutorial on how to add it to a button or panel using CUI command if you need it:

http://cad-notes.com/2012/02/exploring-autocad-cui-creating-a-command-part-2/

http://www.augi.com/library/understanding-the-customize-user-interface-cui

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost