Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dimension Printing

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
351 Views, 5 Replies

Dimension Printing

My dimensions color is green. It shows up too light on my canon laser printer unless i change it to a different color. I made lineweight darker and that made no difference. I'm used to using green with another company and it worked fine. I'm using AutoCAD LT 2012.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
pendean
in reply to: Anonymous

Did you set the pen color to #7 (black) in your plot style table? You should do so for any pen you don't want to print in color (or gray on a mono printer). But ask your peers first at this new company, they probably want you to do things their way, not your old company's way.

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: pendean

well, I am everyone. I never went thru any schooling, just taught the basics by engineers at my last job. I'm reading and watching every tutorial I can find online. Be buying a book on it soon too. I've been machine programmer and now I'm detailer also. I want to be as good and efficient as I can be.

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous

I'm sorry to say but this is the first I've attempted to work with plot style. How do I get the plot style table menu?

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous

ok.  i used greyscale plot style and that is giving my the results i need. Thanks

Message 6 of 6
drjohn

@Anonymous wrote:

I'm sorry to say but this is the first I've attempted to work with plot style. How do I get the plot style table menu?

When you select plot and a dialog opens you may see an arrow in the lower right corner of the plot dialog. if it is pointing to the right, click it and it will expand the dialog.  On the new right pane you will see PLOT STYLE TABLES section in the upper right.

Making sure the plotstyle table you want to re-define is listed and selected in the plot style table field, click the button at the right end and it will open up the plot style table editor.

From here yer on yer own. Try changing a pen color or line width and see how that affects your drawing.  Don't go too deep until you get the gist of it.

Copying the original file to a different place may be a good idea just in case you get all screwed up and need to go back to zero.

They are located in C:\Program Files\Autodesk\AutoCAD LT 2012 - English\UserDataCache\Plotters\Plot Styles on my particular system.

HTH

Regards,

DJ

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost