Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Different x and y scales?

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
BillW435
833 Views, 4 Replies

Different x and y scales?

Is it possible to have different x any y scales when drawing in model space?

My client want to show a component so that the "X" scale is twice the "Y" scale, in order to show detail more clearly. I plan to draw the "X" dimensions at twice their actual size, then override the dimension text.  But that seems a bit clunky,

Is there a better way to draw  "X" scale at 2x the "Y" scale? Maybe in paper space rather than model space?

Thanks for your help.

Bill

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
drjohn
in reply to: BillW435

Perhaps creating the component at 1:1 and making it a block and then adjusting the x and y values thru the properties panel could be an approach to this.

That may or may not create an unwanted distortion.  Haven't tried it yet and actually it's an unusual approach but if that's what ya need then that's what ya need.  Smiley Happy

HTH

Regards,

DJ

Message 3 of 5
BillW435
in reply to: drjohn

Thanks, John. Appreciate the help; I finally decided to just draw the component with the "X" dimensions at twice actual, then override the dimension text with actual dimensions. That should do it, along with a note explaining what the heck I'm doing,

One minor glitch - have not been able to modify the override dimension text to match the dimension style I'm using, like stacked fractions.

Glad to have your help, as usual...

Bill

Message 4 of 5
Charles_Shade
in reply to: BillW435

Go back and redo the Dim or remove the override text.

From the Properties Dialog change the Dim Linear Scale to .5.

Your Dim format should stay the same and the Dim should be correct for the double size edge.

Please mark any response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question.

Message 5 of 5
BillW435
in reply to: Charles_Shade

As always, Charles, you made my day better. Thanks for the valuable help.

Bill

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

”Boost