AutoCAD LT General

Contributor
Pluc.m
Message 1 of 3 (405 Views)
Accepted Solution

Default open mode -> Read-Only. Is it possible?

405 Views, 2 Replies
09-18-2012 01:09 PM

I'm trying to set multiple stations running AutoCAD LT so that they open files as Read-Only by default. Is there a way to do so?

Ps. I don't want to touch file permissions.

Thanks!

*Expert Elite*
pendean
Message 2 of 3 (392 Views)

Re: Default open mode -> Read-Only. Is it possible?

09-19-2012 04:42 AM in reply to: Pluc.m

Install the free DWGTRUEVIEW app for these users instead: right tool for the right job... .

Otherwise you need to, at the server level, place all these users in a special group that have no write-delete ability in your server file folders (but that won't stop them from doing a SAVEAS locally to edit and issue files).

Your choice.

Dean Saadallah Blog | Facebook | Google+ | Twitter | PINS
Contributor
Pluc.m
Message 3 of 3 (388 Views)

Re: Default open mode -> Read-Only. Is it possible?

09-19-2012 04:47 AM in reply to: pendean

Unfortunatly, we just upgraded to AutoCAD LT because it cut down 3/4 of the time it used to take in the factory to take mesurements and such (as I was told). AutoCAD LT IS the right tool, they just arent supposed to lock the full licensed designers out of drawing. Unfortunatly. it seems the only way is by changing rights on the files :smileysad:

Thanks!

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community