Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom Hatch AutoCad LT

15 REPLIES 15
Message 1 of 16
bfc380
3641 Views, 15 Replies

Custom Hatch AutoCad LT

I have updated the .pat file, as well as tried to add hatch pattern files separately (in the folder with the the acadlt.pat and acadltiso.pat files already in it). AutoCad 2010 LT starts up fine, but no sign of the hatch patterns anywhere - either predefined list or custom.
Anyone have any ideas whay the...is going on ? (or not going on) I've used these patterns before with no problem.
(and I have the blank line at the end of the pattern)

Thanks !

D.Grant
15 REPLIES 15
Message 2 of 16
Anonymous
in reply to: bfc380

1. Never ever add to the core ACADLT.PAT file IMHO

2. You probably have more tan one .PAT file, how do you know you got the
correct one?

3. separate pat files, one definition for each pat file, pat file name is
exactly the name of the pattern, one blank line at the end of the
definition, pat files located in LT's search path, Use get to them using the
CUSTOM hatch option on the hatch dialog box. That's how it is done.

--
Dean Saadallah
http://LTisACAD.blogspot.com
--
Message 3 of 16
Charles_Shade

Mine hang out in the Support Folder.
Regards, Charles Shade
Message 4 of 16
bfc380

Hi - thanks for your response.

I have several .pat hatch patterns that I copied & pasted from a previous autocad version, so I know they work. I put them in the same folder as the acadlt.pat file, and nothing. I put them in the Acad Lt support folder and nothing. No error messages either. I've checked my file path, and it's looking where they are..but no custom files are appearing when I'm using AutoCad LT. Nor do they appear in the predefined pattern area, if I amend the acadlt.pat and acadltiso.pat files A real mystery.
Message 5 of 16
bfc380

The custom files are now showing ! But I have to click on the box with the small hatch sample to see them - the text (showing hatch names) area was blank. I can also click on the dots to the right of the box to see them. Still a bit of a mystery, but it's working ! Thanks again for your help.
Message 6 of 16
Anonymous

Hatch Pattern Palette Dialog Box > Custom > yours appear here... it's how
AutoCAD has always worked and still do.

What are you doing differently now, or in the older version? Just curious.

And why are you not simply making a toolpalette out of your custom hatches
for easier access? Or accessing them through ADCENTER command?

--
Dean Saadallah
http://LTisACAD.blogspot.com
--
Message 7 of 16
seaboard

What did you do exactly? I'm having the same problem. I goto Documents & Settings-Administrator-Application Data-AutoCad LT 2010-R15-enu-Support- and then drag and drop pat files into the acadltiso.pat file.
Message 8 of 16
Charles_Shade

Check answer in latter thread.
Regards, Charles Shade
Message 9 of 16
Modman_4

...again something worth the price of admission! 😄
I hope my info was useful, but if by some odd chance it actually solved your issue, feel free to mark your post as "Accept as Solution". Thanks! 🙂
Message 10 of 16
dustbear

I am having the same problem in AutoCAD 2010 (not LT). I have a bunch of .pat custom hatches, and need to get them linked to the custom hatch tab. Each .pat file is a separate pattern. Where do I put the .pat files? I cannot cut and paste them into the acad.pat file in Notepad, it won't work. Do I link it from the Options box? I did this successfully in an earlier version, but can't remember how.
Message 11 of 16
Charles_Shade

Just place the files in a folder, LT's is Support in MyDocs/Your Name/Application Data/..., and make sure the file is in the Support File Search Path in Options, Files.
Regards, Charles Shade
Message 12 of 16
Anonymous

remember to add a blank line to the end of a hatch .pat file

On 2/26/2010 1:13 PM, dustbear wrote:
> I am having the same problem in AutoCAD 2010 (not LT). I have a bunch of .pat custom hatches, and need to get them linked to the custom hatch tab. Each .pat file is a separate pattern. Where do I put the .pat files? I cannot cut and paste them into the acad.pat file in Notepad, it won't work. Do I link it from the Options box? I did this successfully in an earlier version, but can't remember how.
Message 13 of 16
dustbear

Thanks, but it would be very time consuming to open up 100 .pat files and cut and paste each pattern into the acad.pat file.
Message 14 of 16
dustbear

Problem solved! Thank you, this worked perfectly!
Message 15 of 16
Modman_4

Nobody is saying to do that.
I hope my info was useful, but if by some odd chance it actually solved your issue, feel free to mark your post as "Accept as Solution". Thanks! 🙂
Message 16 of 16
william.jp
in reply to: Charles_Shade

I had the same problem like this. Thanks for the info. this solved my problem. 🙂

william.jp

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost