Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crosshairs get slow and "jumpy" near dim lines

9 REPLIES 9
Message 1 of 10
arch16
1792 Views, 9 Replies

Crosshairs get slow and "jumpy" near dim lines

As the title says, when working at this workstation, the crosshair gets very 'Jumpy' and slow as it gets near or cross over a dimension line. is there possibly a setting that is on or off that is causing this. It has nothing to do with the file. It happens on any file on this computer, but if i switch to a different workstation all is well. And this is a much faster workstation than the other. The issue also happens to a much lesser extent when crossing any drawing object. The cursor (crosshairs) will pause slightly. It is a very long pause when near the dim lines though.
Any ideas would be great. It is getting very frustration dealling with this. it is almost impossible to select or snap to an object or line if it is near a dimension line.

Thanks for the help.

Ed

AutoCAD LT 2009 Edited by: arch16 on Apr 29, 2009 7:22 PM
9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
in reply to: arch16

Your video card, or it's drivers, and AutoCAD are conflicting.

Turn off Selection Preview settings in OPTIONS command and see i that helps.
If you are in XP, not Vista, you could also try turning off video card
hardware acceleration in Control Panel>Display.

Updated, and sometimes downgraded drivers for the video card can help too.

--
Dean Saadallah
http://LTisACAD.blogspot.com
--
Message 3 of 10
arch16

Dean,

Thank you for the quick responce. I tried what you said by turning off the Selection Previews. It didn't help. It is acting as if the crosshairs are Snapping to the dimlines but its not actuall snapping to it. I did try it with Object Snap turned off and it still does it. The other thing i noticed. If i type a comand, but dont click or press enter to enter the command the problem is gone. Once I enter the command and start selecting items, the problem returns.

I look forward to hearing any responces.

Thanks again,

Ed
Message 4 of 10
tjrogers10

I have been having this problem as well, with editing dimensions and text.  It is most obvious when a click a grip to stretch or move something.  This is followed by a half to 1 second delay.

I am on 2011 LT, on Windows 7 with a 1 year old computer.  Nvidia GEForce GT130M Graphics Card. 

Are there any other settings that could help this issue?

Thanks!

Message 5 of 10
pendean
in reply to: tjrogers10

Only text and dimensions? If yes, are you using TTF fonts?

Message 6 of 10
tjrogers10

Not sure I know.  I am using the standard fonts that came with CAD, except for a few SHX files that I needed to read other consultants files.  One question regarding fonts - are architext and helv2 not a standard CAD fonts?  Almost every file I receive from a consultant (architect or engineer) has one or both of these fonts.  I do not have them.

Also, in regards to the jumpiness, it was happing other places - I think hatch editing, but I can't remember..  I did switch my theme from Aero to classic in Windows 7, seems to have alleviated the dimension editing hesitation.  Will post again if I notice it elsewhere.

Thanks

Message 7 of 10
Charles_Shade

I do not show either of those Fonts in either my 2008 or 2011 LT font folders.

Ask the originator to send you those fonts and place them in the LT Font folder located in Program Files.

Message 8 of 10
cut1

This seems to be a continuing problem for me.  I have 2012LT running on a new Dell computer with Windows 7 Professional.  I don't know if you need all this info.  I would like to turn off the cursor information box with the position listed.  I think it is very distracting and it seems to get in the way as I try to move my cursor around.  As I attempt to draw a line, the position box jumps all over the place as I drag over various points of the part, and there are numerous infos showing up indicating angle dimensions, position distances and position points.  It is like a strobe show as I drag my cursor over my drawings.  Drawing lines and determining distances are very, very slow reacting and just jumping all over the place (near the cursor).  Is there any information that will stop all these informative points and allow me to just draw anything without the strobing?

Phil Merrell
(801) 374-2745 Phone (801) 374-2850 Fax
pmerrell@centralutahtool.com
Message 9 of 10
Charles_Shade
in reply to: cut1

DYNMODE needs to be Zero

Please mark any response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question.

Message 10 of 10
maryf
in reply to: cut1

This is happening to me too.  I find it very distracting.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost