Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating a drop-down menu IN a drawing

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
SolarCadTech
7224 Views, 7 Replies

Creating a drop-down menu IN a drawing

how can i insert/add/create a drop-down (pull-down) menu in an autocad drawing ?

i need to be able to input data in a series of charts, and i need to be able to choose the data from

drop-down menues that include specific (repeated) information.

this is also needed so the input process can work on touch devices without needing to type input.

also, can this be done by a dynamic link to MS Exel (OLE object) sheet ?

thanks!

autocadLT2011

i7-M620@2.67GHz

8GB ram

64bit

autocadLT2011
i7-M620@2.67GHz
8GB ram
64bit
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
pendean
in reply to: SolarCadTech

CUI command is where you add or delete menu items, including drop-downs.

Next, you need to decide what the commands youo want to use, what they will do, and how: do you have that worked out at the commandline in AutoCAD yet?

Message 3 of 8
SolarCadTech
in reply to: pendean

thanks,

but i may have not explained what i am trying to do effectively.

i am not trying to add a MENU,

but rather to add a drop-down menu to a DRAWING.

as a way to input data to a chart (in a cad drawing).

similar to MS Excel feature of creating drop-down menus in sheets.

the drop-down menu element has to be integrated into an autocad chart dwg.

and obviously i need to be able to control the values/options in that drop down menu.

thanks.

autocadLT2011
i7-M620@2.67GHz
8GB ram
64bit
Message 4 of 8

The closest you may be able to come to something like that would be Visibility States or a Block Properties Table in a Dynamic Block. The block would reside in a cell-space in your Table.

Message 5 of 8
pendean

There is no drop-down feature in tables, or AutoCAD's drawing area, like Excel: sounds like you need to use Excel.

Yes you can link Excel, but you use Excel and update in AutoCAD with every change.

>>>...i need to be able to input data in a series of charts, and i need to be able to choose the data from

drop-down menues that include specific (repeated) information.<<<

"charts" would be predefined tables in AutoCAD, you create them and INSERT as blocks. You can Automate with a menu pulldown menu or ribbon panel full on buttons too. If they are always dropped in one location, you can automate ERASE and INSERT in that one spot.

>>>...this is also needed so the input process can work on touch devices without needing to type input....<<<

Same limitation applies in this same program, regardless of your hardware.

Message 6 of 8
heinsite

I have a feeling you can solve this using hyperlinks in your drawing file.  You may have to include several links per "box" or selection area, but this may work.

Dave.

------------------------------------------------------
Dave Hein, P.E.
Message 7 of 8
piyush.parihar24
in reply to: pendean

Hey, my Problem is very similar to what discussion is going on here. I want to create drop down list for my project in AutoCAD2015, Which will include the door with different size windows with different size Shelter with different dimensions ( Door, Window and shelter would be the topic/heading under which the different sizes of particular will be chosen using Dropdown menu ).
Message 8 of 8
mathomas

I think you can make a text based block and use visibility states to give you a menu to pick values to show in a dwq.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost