Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crash on AutoCad LT 2012 load.

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
BridgHunt
594 Views, 5 Replies

Crash on AutoCad LT 2012 load.

Yesterday I went to open AutoCAD LT 2012 and after the splash screen froze, was greeted with the "AutoCAD LT Error Report" window.  With increasing thoroughness I first "repaired", then "reinstalled" then removed and reinstalled, then removed using the Autodesk instructions for removal and reinstalled, then reinstalled c++ 10 runtime, then reinstalled DirectX, then uninstalled with manual edits to references in the registry and reinstalled, then used the psebuninstalltool.exe utility to uninstall and reinstalled (from DVD).

Same result each time:  Splash screen, "First Run Initialization", then "AutoCAD LT Error Report" window.

I would like to access my drawings.

Please advise -

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
pendean
in reply to: BridgHunt

Windows System Restore should always be your first "fix" when software suddenly stops working: try it, it may still help.

Message 3 of 6
BridgHunt
in reply to: pendean

Used Windows Restore to point before last Critical Windows Update.  Problem Solved.  Wished I had tried that first!

-- Thanks!

Message 4 of 6
Charles_Shade

Do you allow Windows to update on its own?

Message 5 of 6
BridgHunt
in reply to: Charles_Shade

Yes.  Windows 7, 32 bit.  Would it be better to install the updates manually?

Message 6 of 6
Charles_Shade

Or mosttimes not at all.

.NET updates can be real buggers. I've not noticed C+ so much but if you do these manually you at least know which mucked with what when something happens.

I made the mistake of updating the Mouse and Keyboard the other day. Never again.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost