Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Corrupted file - error message - won't recover

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
madcowscarnival
1599 Views, 3 Replies

Corrupted file - error message - won't recover

The error message is this:

INTERNAL ERROR: !scandr.cpp@796:eFileError

This occurs when opening a certain document that, at the last time I used it, had experienced no issues.  It occurs only on this particular document though, ACLT 2004 functions fine on all of the files I was working on earlier today, and does not experience errors opening random dwg files.

I looked through the temp file on my computer to no avail.  There was a file there with approx. the same file size, but when I converted it to a ".dwg" it opened and experienced the same error. 

In attempting to use the recover utilityin ACAD, it repeats the "discarding object error press enter to continue" apparently without end (I continued it for probably 3000 lines). 

I opened a new drawing and attempted to XREF the file.  The xref aborts ACAD in the same manner, but with a different error in a box titled "Not Applicable"

Can anyone help?

I will post the file, but do not know how large a file the forum will let me upload.  The file is approx. 47MB.  I have screen captures of the various error messages if those would help.

Thanks in advance.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

The file is toast.

Reads like a couple of corruption messages I've had from time to time.

Did you try for a bak file in the directory the original file resides? You would need to do this from the My Docs Folder and I am assuming that you have Create backup copy with each save checked and that it saves there and that the Gods were smiling...

Message 3 of 4

Smiling they were.  I had not looked for a backup file in the same directory as the dwg file.  If that is not a default setting in ACAD I would have made the change due to advice received on here.  The backup file opened successfully.  Thanks.

Message 4 of 4

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost