Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Copy and paste problems (CAD 2012 LT)

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
skey-trison
4621 Views, 8 Replies

Copy and paste problems (CAD 2012 LT)

Hey, I am drawings some As-Builts and am copying manufacturer cad files and placing them in our drawings. I have been able to successfully copy with basepoint the items I need into my drawing. When I took a break and came back and started again, I was no longer able to copy and place them into my drawings. It allows me to copy them but when I place them into my drawing an old item I copied keeps coming up. It is never the new item copied.  I have a windows 7 CPU and cannot find where to delete my clipboard (if they will help) What's going on???

Tags (1)
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
Charles_Shade
in reply to: skey-trison

Try a reboot in case it is just a Windows being-hung-up problem.

Look for the file Clipboard.exe in the Win System32 Folder or do a Search of the computer for it.

And are you pasting these as Blocks? Perhaps there is a same named block ion conflict.

Please mark any response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question.

Message 3 of 9
skey-trison
in reply to: Charles_Shade

Reboot did not work,

couldnt find the clipboard.exe file (still looking)

i tried both, paste and paste as block and they both keep pasting one of the first items i copied and pasted into the drawing.

i even copied the item and reblocked it as a new name and it still pastes into my drawing as the wrong item. I have ms word open and just happen to click paste in it ans it pasted an image of the correct item i want to paste. not sure what is happening..nor why...

Message 4 of 9
Charles_Shade

Googling Clipboard.exe offered some less than expected results.

Maybe you do not have it?

Message 5 of 9
skey-trison
in reply to: Charles_Shade

Alright.... I had to explode it 5x (not sure why so many times. I was then able to save (copy) what i needed and paste it into my drawing. Thanks Charles.

Message 6 of 9
vjdepalma

I am experiencing the same problem. I can move objects, but I cannot copy and paste objects or words.  As soon as I try to copy and paste (as soon as I copy) the program freezes up. "Not Responding" follows.  Every time.  I tried exploding. I tried rebooting. I am stuck.  Any advice?  Any fix?  Vince 

Message 7 of 9
pendean

Win7?
Message 8 of 9
dan908

Vjdepalma's problem comes from a very old problem in AutoCAD that somehow people created 70,000 layer filters in the drawing.  In 2012 LT it takes a very long time to deal with those filters for copy and pasting and the layers dialog. It is best to delete the layer filters unless there is a reason for having 70,000 layer filters.

Skey-trison, I would suspect you are working with a group in your cut and paste, possibly a block, possibly both. In 2012 we made it easier to create and work with groups, it also makes it a lot easier to create something you have to explode 5 times.  Group selection set up just right, you would never even know.  On the ribbon there is a groups manager, you might review it and see how many groups you have (especially unnamed groups so you will have to check on the option).  If none, well it was my best guess.  Also, look at the purge dialog and try purging out unused groups. Copy paste on a group would make you think you were getting the wrong result everytime. Anyway, just a suspicion.

Happy Cad-ing

Dan

AutoCAD Quality Assurance Manager
Message 9 of 9
vjdepalma
in reply to: dan908

You were absolutely correct, Dan, and thanks again for the fix!  Vince

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost