Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Contextual tab state

11 REPLIES 11
Message 1 of 12
mikeryder
1191 Views, 11 Replies

Contextual tab state

I'm running LT2012, but have no contextual tab states listed under the ribbon of my .cui

this obiously prevent me form using the useful tools of the block editor and hatch ribbons

i've tried a repair and reinstall but with no success.

Any ideas?

11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12
pendean
in reply to: mikeryder

Message 3 of 12
mikeryder

thanks for the suggestion but this hasn't helped. see below extract from the command line which suggests a file is missing?

Autodesk.AutoCAD.Internal.Windows.RibbonContent.get_ContextualTabEvaluator()Syst
em.Exception: Error Compiling Expression: Error Compiling Expression: Source
file 'C:\Windows\TEMP\4lsmoq3q.0.cs' could not be found

Message 4 of 12
pendean

Clean out your Windows Profile temp folder: if you don't know how, grab a freeware like CCLEANER to do it for you.  

Autodesk recommended uninstall/reinstall procedures are as follows
Uninstall: http://usa.autodesk.com/getdoc/id=TS45252
Reinstall (for XP/Vista users if it appliesw to you): http://usa.autodesk.com/getdoc/id=TS75218

Clean up your Windows Registry before you reinstall: I use the freeware CCLEANER to do it, I run it a few times in a row to ensure all issues are gone.

Ensure the user installing/uninstalling and using the product have enough rights to do so (install and reinstall as local administrator):
Unable to run AutoCAD® as a restricted user http://usa.autodesk.com/getdoc/id=TS1055299

Run LT OOTB (do not migrate or move content from an older installation) to ensure it is working properly.

Message 5 of 12
mikeryder

Again thanks for the help, followed each step of your suggestion and un-installed and re-istalled and again still no contextual tab state?

Message 6 of 12
pendean

Then we must not be talking about the same thing: what are you trying to "turn on" and use? And where did you see it in action that you think it's mssing in LT2012?

Message 7 of 12
mikeryder
in reply to: pendean

See attached a print screen of my CUI, when i expand the contextual tab state there is nothing under this heading and should be populated with a number of commands.

this is preventing the use of hatch editor, block editor and various other options.

if we use hatch as an example when you click on the hatch command line the ribbon at the top should change automatically to offer various tools and options.

I know this option is availble in LT2012 as i use it on a daily basis on my Desktop PC in the office, i have now got a copy on my laptop so i can use CAD on the move, it is on the laptop where contextual tabs are not working.

the attachment is a print screen from my laptop, my desktop PC has a number of headings under this i've checked, i've also tried to transfer the CUI from my desktop to my laptop but with no success as once transfered no headings are under the contectual tab state section.

i hope this is clear

just thinking wonder if there is a registry issue causing the problem as autocad appears to be looking for this file C:\Windows\TEMP\uw3w5ttz.0.cs

Message 8 of 12
pendean

CUI command

right click over the RED A with the word ACADLT next to it in the upper left quadrant

Select RESTORE

when done,  does the missing content reappear?

Message 9 of 12
mikeryder
in reply to: pendean

No joy!

Message 10 of 12

How about RESET from that menu? Did you migrate any settings from a previous release?

--
Kate Morrical
Digital Design Manager, Washington DC
BIMmuse.com
Message 11 of 12

Tried RESET, this didn't work.

when i first install LT2012 yes i did migate settings, but when i unistalled all Autodesk products and re-installed LT2012 no i didn't migrate any settings.

Message 12 of 12
pendean

Have you tried a different Windows log-in?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost