Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Compatible graphics tablet - AutoCAD LT 2012

12 REPLIES 12
Message 1 of 13
Anonymous
11537 Views, 12 Replies

Compatible graphics tablet - AutoCAD LT 2012

Hi

New user of LT 2012.  Used primarily for creating schematic drawings and floor plans.  Keen to integrate a graphics tablet but looking for recommendations for solutions that work.

Ian

12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13
pendean
in reply to: Anonymous

Any tablet that works in windows will work in LT: if you want to actually use AutoCAD's TABLET setup, an old-school alternate to a screen menu, please clarify.
Message 3 of 13
Anonymous
in reply to: pendean

Thanks Dean.  Purchased a Wacom Intuos 4.   I'd like to try and use AutoCAD's TABLET setup but LT 2012 comes up with "Your pointing device cannot be used as a tablet".  It works fine as a 'mouse' however.  Ian

Message 4 of 13
katani

You made a good choice. What size did you get for yourself? I use an A4 wide Intuos 3 which I bought on Ebay as used for 1/4 the price of a new Intuos 4 because for the use purely with AutoCAD I didn't see any difference between the two apart of the price. They are great devices..

Yours certainly can be used as a tablet. Open the Options window, make the System tab active and change the current displayed setting in the Current Pointing Device flyout to Wintab Compatible Digitizer. Now you should be able to see an icon reading TABLET on the right side of the status bar. Wacom have a tech support forum similar to this one and they also offer driver updates so I can use a 7 year old tablet with Win7 with no problems at all.

Let me know if you need any help with dealing with setting up custom tablet menus (if you need any). And don't get mad at it, it takes some time to get used to using a tablet.

Message 5 of 13
Anonymous
in reply to: katani

Thanks Katani

I have the medium Intuos 4 tablet.  Nice device.

Seems I am unable to change the status of the pointing device.  I can select Wintab Compatible Digitizer but I am not permitted to 'Apply' the change.  I can 'adjust' other options settings and chnage the pointing device then select 'Apply' but it does not actually make any difference to the pointing device - remains as 'Current System Pointing Device'.

Ian

Message 6 of 13
katani

So AutoCAD responds to your TABLET command displaying "on/off/cal/cfg" on the command line, but when you then choose "on" it comes up with "you pointing device cannot..."?

Message 7 of 13
pendean

Post in the Wacom forums as noted above and seek out an AutoCAD-aware Wintab driver to install: you appear to not have one at all.
Message 8 of 13
katani

Wintab (32bit and 64bit) is already included and installed with the tablet driver and it is AutoCAD-aware as the manual suggests. Mine accesses the tablet mode just fine and I have the latest AutoCAD release.The latest driver version is 6.16-7.

Message 9 of 13
pendean

>>>...included and installed with the tablet driver ...<<<

The OP's error message would indicate otherwise: verify first.

Message 10 of 13
katani
in reply to: pendean

Yes, you are likely to be right. I thought the Wintab option appears in Options only in the case the tablet driver is installed, but I'm just checking on my colleague's computer and the option is there regardless if the tablet is installed or not. I would reinstall the driver: http://www.wacom.eu/index2.asp?lang=en&pid=29&gm=3.

Message 11 of 13
zalant

The recently-released Service Pack 1 for AutoCAD LT 2012 includes a new version of the DGWINTBN.DLL file, which is intended to correct the problem you're encountering.  Please download the service pack from the following link and report back here whether or not the issue is resolved.

AutoCAD LT 2012 Service Pack 1

http://usa.autodesk.com/getdoc/id=DL17692311

Zac Travis
Message 12 of 13
ahmed.a.khairy

I got a Graphics Tablet MousePen i608X from Genius, and want to know if it works with Autocad and Autodesk products generally.

Message 13 of 13
pendean
in reply to: ahmed.a.khairy

Ask "Genius" the maker of the product, Autodesk does not test 3rd part peripherals: as a general rule, if it has Windows Drivers and the product literature actually mentions AutoCAD then yes, otherwise you're forced to install and find out.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost