Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Compatible anti-virus with autocad lt 2002

14 REPLIES 14
SOLVED
Message 1 of 15
jmullerlyons
1017 Views, 14 Replies

Compatible anti-virus with autocad lt 2002

I have AutoCAD LT 2002 running on XP. I recently have had problems running my AutoCAD LT and have found that if I remove my Norton Anti-Virus from my computer completely it runs fine. Turning the anti-virus off is not enough. What is the best anti-virus program to run with my version of Autocad? Any suggestions? Returning to work after taking several years off. I plan to upgrade my AutoCAD software soon but not able to at this point. Have a project right now that I need to finish so am desperate. Thank you so much for your help!

14 REPLIES 14
Message 2 of 15
hwalker
in reply to: jmullerlyons

Welcome to the Forums

My company uses Sohpos, and I have no problems with Autocad

Another person at work uses Kasperky.

At home I use Trend Micro and have no problems there either.

Howard Walker
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Left Handed and Proud

Message 3 of 15

AVG Free here for years and no issues.

...and remove all things Norton

Message 4 of 15

Hello,

Sorry for the trouble. That shouldn't happen!

I am Vineeth and I am from the Norton Support team. I can help you with this problem.

Can you please let me know the Norton product you have? Is it Norton 360, Norton Internet Security, or Norton AntiVirus? Do you receive any message from your Norton product when you run AutoCad?

Thanks!

Vineeth

Norton Support

Message 5 of 15

I have Norton Internet Security.

Message 6 of 15
jmullerlyons

I do not receive any messages, just locks up my autocad. When I removed Norton my program works fine. I had not used my autocad in quite some time. I just started a new project and my cad will no longer run more tha a couple of minutes without aborting and the locking up. It will not save to recover or anything. Looses everything in the file.

Message 7 of 15
jmullerlyons
in reply to: hwalker

Thank you!
Message 8 of 15

Thank you for the information!

Do you have your Norton product installed now? If so, we can try adding the Autocad application file to the scan exclusion and then allow the program under Firewall. Can you also open the Norton product, then click Support > About and let me know the version number you see there?

Thanks!

Vineeth

Norton Support

Message 9 of 15

Version: 21.1.0.18

I had called Norton the other day and had it added but still having problems. Not sure it was added to both scan exclusion and Firewall tho.

Case number 12041328
bhuvaneshwaren was the team member
Message 10 of 15

Thank you!

I checked the case details and I can see that the technician has added the program under Firewall rules. We need to see whether adding the application file to the scan exclusion list will sove the problem.

I can also see that the technician has tried to contact you to check the status of the problem. Unfortunately, he reached the answering machine. Do you have a preferred time to call you so I can pass it to him?

Thanks!

Vineeth

Norton Support

Message 11 of 15

I see I missed a call yesterday now that you mention that. Sorry.

I am in the middle of a conference call right now but will be available in an hour or so. Can they call me after 3:30 Eastern Time?

Thank you so much.

Message 12 of 15

Thank you, I am in the middle of a conference call right now. Can someone call me after 3:30 Eastern Time today?
Thank you so very much!
Joani
Message 13 of 15
jmullerlyons

Update: AUTOCAD WORKS AND NOW COMPATIBLE WITH MY NORTON ANTI-VIRUS SOFTWARE!!!!

I have to say a thank you to the response I received from both Norton and Symantec in response to posting on this forum.

After spending several hours and going through 4 technicians the problem was isolated and resolved. The technicians were all exceptional in their willingness to help and come up with a solution. The last technician was determined to win this issue and did.

It had something to do with the "Sonar" detection and also adding complete autocad folders to the "do not scan" to the anti-virus. All components were tried separately and there were two components we had to make some changes for. The support technicians were really awesome and it just took some patience to find the exact combination of things to work.

Sorry, I can draw just about anythingin AutoCAD but get me out of AutoCAD or basic computer applications and I am helpless!

Hope this helps someone else in the future.

If you need to reference this case file in the future:

www.help.norton.com

case number: 12041328

Thank you to everyone who helped me with this. It is all very appreciated!

Message 14 of 15

Message 15 of 15

Thank you

--
Sent from Gmail Mobile

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost