Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Command Initiation

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
AnthonyEssonArchitect
365 Views, 5 Replies

Command Initiation

I am new to ACADLT but not new to the full version. I see that I can create buttons for commands like ZoomOut in the CUI and add them to the toolbar, but what I'd really like to do is to be able to create a command shortcut in the .pgp file that will initiate the zoom command and then set the zomom factor (like the button that is created in the CUI does).

In the case of zoomout, two entries are required on the command line to accomplish what the button can do in a single click. I'd like ZO on the command line to accomplish what the button does (_zoom .5x).

Any help is appreciated.

AEA

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

LT can do single commands only at the command line, no combinations. Part of the price discount; sorry.

--
Kate Morrical
Digital Design Manager, Washington DC
BIMmuse.com
Message 3 of 6

It sounds like you are ok creating macros in the CUI, you can then add that to 'Keyboard Shortcuts / Shortcut Keys' in the CUI and assign a key combination to run it, the drawback is it has to be Shift+(a key) or Ctrl+(a key) etc. but most keyboard entry is a double letter and you get used to it.

Message 4 of 6

Steven:

I attempted that, but am not familiar with how to set it up. I see that I can set a shortcut to get to the zoom command, but not one that gets me to the zoom command and then enters the .5x. I am thinking that this is possible, I just don't know how to write the string. Essentially it would need to be Zoom Enter .5x Enter. If you could describe how to write that as a string that would function with a shortcut key it would be a big help.

Thanks

AEA

Message 5 of 6

Basic macro:

; = Enter

\ = Pause for user-input

^C = Cancel (equal to pressing escape)

Your macro should be something like:

^C^CZoomfactor;3;

This would set zoomfactor to 3 but it's the same principle.

Signature, sincerely... //Adam
AutoCad LT 2016
Give Kudos where credit is due, Mark "accepted as solution" if the post solved your question.
Message 6 of 6

As Adam says, you use ";" to issue the enter key, in a macro, so for your example the macro string would be ^C^Czoom;.5x;

>edit< punctuation

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost