AutoCAD LT General

Contributor
mdwyerva
Message 11 of 12 (201 Views)

Re: Cleaning Up files using DXF + Recover

02-01-2013 10:06 AM in reply to: Charles_Shade

The circle file is 3MB because of all the linestyles and textstyles that it mysteriously (to me) drags along with it.  These are all from the underlying architectural xrefs (which were not selected!).   It is pretty bizarre, since if you do a LIST ALL on this 3 MB file, you get exactly one object.

Command: list

Select objects: all
1 found

Select objects:

CIRCLE Layer: "de-mducts"
Space: Model space
Handle = a8
center point, X=950'-8 27/32" Y=54'-9 17/32" Z= 0'-0"
radius 0'-3"
circumference 1'-6 27/32"
area 28.27 sq in (0.1963 sq ft)

The only way I found what was in it was to do a PURGE and look at items that can not be purged (there were NO items that could be purged).    

Not sure why wblock ENTIRE would perfectly clean a big pig drawing, and why wblock SELECT would include a 10 ton pile of crap in with a simple object.  

Contributor
mdwyerva
Message 12 of 12 (169 Views)

Re: Cleaning Up files using DXF + Recover

02-06-2013 07:56 AM in reply to: mdwyerva

and for any lurkers... I find that people need to be set to save in 2010 dwg format to see max reduction.

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community