Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot overwrite PDF when publishing in AutoCAD LT 2013

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
1131 Views, 3 Replies

Cannot overwrite PDF when publishing in AutoCAD LT 2013

We seem to be unable to overwrite a PDF that we created with AutoCAD when PDFing anew with AutoCAD. In other words, I "Plot" a file in AutoCAD and PDF it as "New File A". When I later realize I made a drafting mistake and want to overwrite it, when I "Plot" it says the file is in use or write protected or something of that nature so I have to PDF it as "New File B" and then manually delete "New File A" and then rename "New File B". I might add I do not have to close AutoCAD to do this.

Let me know if there's a fix for this. I should mention I am running service pack 1.1

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Charles_Shade
in reply to: Anonymous

Under Publsh one of the options is to Open in Viewer when done.

Is that checked and maybe the PDF File is open and is unknown that it is?

And are you saving on a Network?

This sounds like a Windows Read/Write issue more than anything

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: Charles_Shade

So I spoke to my engineers and while that setting is indeed checked, they have verified that the file is closed before attempting to overwrite. I don't disagree that it could be a read/write issue (these files are being saved on Windows 7 workstations attached to a Windows domain running Server 2012), but that doesn't really track, given that this only occurs with these particular files. For example, let's say they want to overwrite a .dwg file in the same directory - no problem.

Any other takers?

Message 4 of 4
pendean
in reply to: Anonymous

As a test, UNCHECK the "open in viewer" option and find out: never ever take a user's word for anything you cannot see and replicate for yourself.

There is no setting in the LT2013 program to not overwrite a file: there is an external influence in play always controlled by the OS.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost