Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can not get program to install

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
Anonymous
225 Views, 6 Replies

Can not get program to install

My brother is a Drafting Design student and needed to purchase AutoCad LT 2004 for one of his classes. When he brought the program home, we tried to install it on our home desktop. We put the CD in the drive, waited for it to auto-run, and nothing ever happens. We've tried to manually install it (Start-Run-D://setup.exe) but that doesn't work either. The only thing that happens is a screen flashes like it's trying to bring up the first screen, but it never does.

I have a laptop, and we put the CD in it, to see if it was a bad CD or our computer, and it auto-ran normally on my laptop. The initial screen came up as it should to begin installation. We didn't install it on the laptop, because we know that it can only be put on one computer.

Both computers run Windows XP Home edition, and have plenty of space (the desktop is only 2 years old and the laptop is a year old) so I can not figure out why it would run on one and not the other.

Please let me know what I might can do, because my brother needs this program for his classes. Thanks for any help!
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Could be a bad CD drive: does the light ever come on at the
drive?
Do you hear a steady sound of a CD spinning, or does it
sound like it's starting and stopping, or no sound at all?

--
Dean Saadallah
Add-on products for LT
http://www.pendean.com/lt
--
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous

What anti-virus, anti-spyware, firewall, instant message software does
he have installed? I have had numerous similar problems recently
installing various software, but when I start shutting off various
processes, the software starts to work.

jenn51181 wrote:
> My brother is a Drafting Design student and needed to purchase AutoCad LT 2004 for one of his classes. When he brought the program home, we tried to install it on our home desktop. We put the CD in the drive, waited for it to auto-run, and nothing ever happens. We've tried to manually install it (Start-Run-D://setup.exe) but that doesn't work either. The only thing that happens is a screen flashes like it's trying to bring up the first screen, but it never does.
>
> I have a laptop, and we put the CD in it, to see if it was a bad CD or our computer, and it auto-ran normally on my laptop. The initial screen came up as it should to begin installation. We didn't install it on the laptop, because we know that it can only be put on one computer.
>
> Both computers run Windows XP Home edition, and have plenty of space (the desktop is only 2 years old and the laptop is a year old) so I can not figure out why it would run on one and not the other.
>
> Please let me know what I might can do, because my brother needs this program for his classes. Thanks for any help!
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous

We use Norton SystemWorks for anti-virus. It has Adaware SE and SpyBot Search & Destroy installed on it. It has AIM and MSN Messenger installed on it, but they are never used.

The only difference I can think of between the laptop and the desktop, is that my laptop has SP2 and the desktop only has SP1. Could this be the problem, because I can put SP2 on the desktop if it will fix the problem.
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous

The drive is working properly. The light comes on when a CD is put in. It spins to autorun, but it just never begins the installation. Any other CD we put in, from music to other programs, have worked fine.
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous

Is .NET installed? you can download and install 1.1 version from
Microsoft's website.

I'd recommend SP2 whether it is the fix or not for WinXP.

--
Dean Saadallah
Add-on products for LT
http://www.pendean.com/lt
--
Message 7 of 7
Anonymous

I've noticed problems related to the HP keyboard software interfering
with install software (perhaps only when certain other software is also
installed. Whether this problem, or a similar keyboard customizing
program from a different manufacturer is interfering with installation
programs is to be considered.

Use Msconfig to disable any programs that are not essential. Install,
then re-enable the software.

jenn51181 wrote:
> My brother is a Drafting Design student and needed to purchase AutoCad LT 2004 for one of his classes. When he brought the program home, we tried to install it on our home desktop. We put the CD in the drive, waited for it to auto-run, and nothing ever happens. We've tried to manually install it (Start-Run-D://setup.exe) but that doesn't work either. The only thing that happens is a screen flashes like it's trying to bring up the first screen, but it never does.
>
> I have a laptop, and we put the CD in it, to see if it was a bad CD or our computer, and it auto-ran normally on my laptop. The initial screen came up as it should to begin installation. We didn't install it on the laptop, because we know that it can only be put on one computer.
>
> Both computers run Windows XP Home edition, and have plenty of space (the desktop is only 2 years old and the laptop is a year old) so I can not figure out why it would run on one and not the other.
>
> Please let me know what I might can do, because my brother needs this program for his classes. Thanks for any help!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost