Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Break Model into multiple overlapping pages

1 REPLY 1
SOLVED
Message 1 of 2
Laner709
775 Views, 1 Reply

Break Model into multiple overlapping pages

I was sent a detailed map in dwg format that shows a river in the country. The model has a layer called sheets that has 17 rectangles in many orientations which overlap and cover the data i wish to print.  There is a layout tab called "Sheet 2 to 17" which show page 17 with a tempalte when the pointer is over the tab similar to Windows 7 Aero, but if you open the layout the page space is blank.  I'm not familiar with the use of a layer to break the drawing into multpile overlapping sheets and my end goal is to print the model  as the 17 defined sheets on 11 x 17 paper.

Can anyone point me in the correct direction to learn this feature?

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
pendean
in reply to: Laner709

The person that sent you the DWG file deleted all the paperspace tabs (except for #2 out of the 17): you need to ask them to share those with you in a new file.

Or as you asking for help recreating all 17 paperspace layouts from scratch? There is no magic to it, you have to create a new layout tab for each of the 17 views you wish to isolate, create a viewport and match up/align with each of the 'rectangles' in modelspace, then while inside each viewport start the LAYER command and viewport-freeze all the layers you do not want to see.

Viewport Freeze: when you start LAYER command while in a viewport, extra columns appear to the right. Expand the pop-up, see then, and explore each's category. One of the columns is for freezing layers only inside the viewport you are in.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost