Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blocks and attributes

17 REPLIES 17
Message 1 of 18
synlightingguy
339 Views, 17 Replies

Blocks and attributes

I am putting together a company title block.  I have created the block and put together all the attributes. And they are working and everything.  however when I exit the drawing which has the block and reopen it three out of the eight attributes move slightly.  and every time I open and close the drawing they get worse.  when I save it close it and try to insert the block into another drawing, the same three attributes move in the same way as open and closing.

I have Auto CAD2008LT

I have tried;

Locking they in place,

typing in the exact coodinates where I wanted them

I have started from scratch three different times

the only common factor that I can think of is that it is happening to the attributes and the ones I created after my multi line and rotated 90 degrees.

On a side question when I do a drawing and I insert a block is there anyway to get CAD to count it on the drawing so that I don't have to physical change every single one?  for example if have 795 of one lamp fixture in a drawing and I create the block in another drawing in my library and insert. I want the image of the block AT8-XXX insert "Block AT8-1" insert "Block AT8-2" ... Insert "Block AT8-795" and can I do this and use the ARRAY command?

17 REPLIES 17
Message 2 of 18

Since you are "Locking" these in place are you assigning Dynamic Properties to these title blocks?

Your second question may be beyond the programming capbilities if AutoCAD LT.

There is a Macro to autonumber items, typically someone wanting to number rooms, but this is outside of the Insertion of the block usually.

ARRAY will only create copied of what is being arrayed. It will not number the items being arrayed sequentially.

(But one thing I love about this Forum is every now and again someone comes along a proves you wrong.)

Please mark any response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question.
Kudos + gladly accepted if you are feeling magnanimous

Message 3 of 18
pendean
in reply to: synlightingguy

Post the block: figure out how to highlight the moving attributes so we can see what you mean.

Message 4 of 18

The attached document is the one that is giving me trouble.

Message 5 of 18
pendean

I can't replicate any movement, other than the fact that your defaults seem to stay where they are created. You sheet title is off center by default.

My guidelines never budged.

Message 6 of 18

No movement. Open and closed several times your drawing file.

Copy / Paste(d) into a Template of mine, Saved, Closed, and Opened and no issue.

Is this Title block created on the same machine and seat of CAD that it is used in?

Wondering of maybe their is a Textsytle or Font difference if two different machines.

Message 7 of 18

WOW really!? I can't believe that it work for you. I have been fighting with this one for days.  the file is saved to the server at work and I have been making correction on my desktop.  i will try to save it to my machine and see if it behaves. I will keep you posted if and progress.

Message 8 of 18

I have played around with everything on just my desktop.  I got the three attribute to stick for a few times and then once I inserted them into a Templete and then created test drawings and I am still having the moving problem. please see the attached I have Confirmed this is deffently giving me trouble. anythoughts?

Message 9 of 18
pendean

Here is your file back with the original titleblock attached.

Message 10 of 18

I could not make any changes to the drawing you sent back to make note.  I attached a drawing of what I am trying to get to.  the yellow text I want to be Attributes so that I can Easily edit them for every drawing.

Message 11 of 18

So if you close and open the attached drawing the Attribs move on you?

Two questions:

1. When you open this Block in the Block Editor are you then Inserting the Block again or are you just expecting the change to show up?

2. If when you have changed the Attribs in the BE are you then running ATTSYNC on the block in Paperspace to update the Attribs in the block?

Message 12 of 18
pendean

May I ask why did you post an exploded titleblock in this last drawing? Is that what you are doing, exploding the block to edit the content?

That explains why you think you cannot edit your block that I posted back, you are not using ATTEDIT or EATTEDIT commands perhaps which are designed to edit attributes inside unexploded blocks.

Message 13 of 18

Yes you are correct every time i close and open the drawings with the block the bottom three attributes move and each time they move a little more each time in the same directions.  I have tried every sunniro to insert the attributes and the last three keep moving.  When I go into the block editor and move again back where i want them. but when i close the block editor the never moved back in the drawing.

as for your question numbered Two in all the research i did to try to figure this out i never saw the "AttributeSYNC"  please enlighten me.Smiley Happy 

Message 14 of 18
synlightingguy
in reply to: pendean

i exploded the block to move the attribute where i wanted them to be in the location where they are to sit.  if i block edit them they dont move when i get back to the drawing.  I have learned very well how the Atteditors work.  lots of pratice the last few days.

Message 15 of 18
pendean

Unlock your attributes, then you can move them without exploding the block with their grips.

Exploding blocks is an AutoCAD sin, and makes having attributes pointless 🙂

Message 16 of 18
pendean

ATTSYNC is not in LT2008, no use trying to explore it.

Message 17 of 18

I will give this a try.  but I am going to start from scratch so not to bring in any corupt parts from old files. I will keep you posted

Message 18 of 18

Alright I have tried the not locking the attributes I am Still having the same problems,  I am attaching two drawings first drawing where I tried to produce the block the the first drawing backup file so that you can see the changes with saving and reopening.

Any help is appreciated, I'm stomped.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost