Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Block Editor Help

21 REPLIES 21
SOLVED
Message 1 of 22
Anonymous
957 Views, 21 Replies

Block Editor Help

Hi There, 

I'm looking for some help in getting a block to function the way I want it to. 

I would like to have a piece of text be able to update to a set amount based on the angle that its rotated to. I so far have it set up where the text will move how I want it to, but I cant for the life of me figure out how to get it to update automatically without setting up a million different visibility settings.
Can anyone please give me some direction if want I want to do is even possible.

I'm running AutoCAD LT 2012.

Thanks!
21 REPLIES 21
Message 21 of 22
Charles_Shade
in reply to: Anonymous

Excellent.

Does the diameter of the circle ever change? You should ba able to add a Scale Action to this if it does for other diameters.

There is a significant cost difference between LT and Full. If you are creating these often then it may be worth it but you may also find just some outside help will get you what you need. (Don't tell the boss that though.) For me Dynamic Blocks and Fields are worth the price of admission alone.

Message 22 of 22
Anonymous
in reply to: Charles_Shade

I have access to the full version elseware. Also, I got a quote for over 3grand to get full version, so I dont think the boss will spring for that this year. Maybe next year once I show him how much time I have save the company with this block. 

3d capabilities would be nice too.. will have to show them that in the near future too. 

The diameter does change, so I will add in the scale feature once I get it working 100%.

PS... love your home designs!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost