Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bitmaps - can they be embeded in an autocad drawing

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
anjaeger
378 Views, 4 Replies

Bitmaps - can they be embeded in an autocad drawing

I need to load 4 various bitmaps into a standard title sheet for a client (they are logos for a controls company). When I have them loaded and "save as" a dwg drawing for AutoCad LT 2010, the bitmaps do not show up when my client opens the file at his end. We have tried to create the same path on our computers where the bitmaps came from but it still did not work.

Does anyone have any suggestions? Is there a bitmap trace in AutoCad Lt 2013?

Thanks for your time

AJ

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
pendean
in reply to: anjaeger

I take it you did not use ETRANSMIT command to send these files or help your client by placing the images in the same folder as the DWG then removing all the specific paths?

Look up INSERTOBJ command if you are unable to open the images in a graphics app that will let you select an area to copy to clipboard then paste into AutoCAD.
Expect scaling and image quality issues with the latter method.
And no, you cannot bind an image you already have in: so you will be starting over so to speak.
Message 3 of 5
anjaeger
in reply to: pendean

What I did was import the image file on my Design Cad and exported it as a dwg drawing. I placed both the image files and the dwg in a folder on C:\Images. I sent this same folder to the client and he set up the same path. The thought was, once I pulled the dwg from the folder and placed them in the drawing and saved the file. When I sent a dwg file to the client the paths for the images was the same on both our computers. He opened the dwg file and the logos did not show up.  I am not sure what you meant by removing all the specific paths. Is there something I am missing?

Message 4 of 5
pendean

In the DWG file, open the XREF palette, select the Image in the top section, then in the lower section of the palette the line labeled SAVED PATH should have no drive or folder information listed. If it does, they need to be removed if as you say both the image file and the DWG are in the same exact folder.

Try it. If it doesn't work I suspect your recipient is opening the DWG file from the email client, and not placing both in a folder first: there is no way for AutoCAD to find the referenced image with that method.

Message 5 of 5
anjaeger

thanks for your help I will try what you have suggested.

AJ

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost