Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BLOCK EDITOR WILL NOT OPEN

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
myrtle-531
20511 Views, 6 Replies

BLOCK EDITOR WILL NOT OPEN

When I double click on a dynamic block the block editor does not open the Help window opens up instead.

BLOCKEDITLOCK is set to 0

PICKFIRST is set to 1

I have looked through the forum and have tried the two solutions above, restarted Autocad but to no avail.

I was able to open BLOCKEDITOR by double clicking the other day but now can only open it from the command line with BEDIT command. I am trying to build my dynamic block knowledge so am not too familiar with this part of the software. I may have inadvertently changed a system variable.

Can you help?

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
braudpat
in reply to: myrtle-531

Hello

Welcome to the Autodesk/AutoCAD Forums !

A few ideas "in fast mode" :

PICKFIRST = 1
PICKADD = 1 

DBLCLKEDIT = 1

Bye, Pat

Patrice ( Supporting Troops ) - Autodesk Expert Elite
If you are happy with my answer please mark "Accept as Solution" and if very happy please give me a Kudos (Felicitations) - Thanks

Patrice BRAUD

EESignature

Message 3 of 7
pendean

In addition to the tips above, CUI command also controls what double-click actions do for each object type, so you might also want to check there.
Message 4 of 7
myrtle-531
in reply to: braudpat

Thanks Pat.

Message 5 of 7
JimBadiali

worked for me. Thank you muchly!!

Message 6 of 7
frank.segna

Thank you!

Thank you!

Thank you!

Message 7 of 7
caeda102

I have a problem with one drawing created by someone else in a non AutoCAD program; Normally I right click on a block and it opens the block editor, but in this drawing, some blocks will do this and others just open the command line edit. The commands work fine in other drawings, it's just this one someone else has created. I'm baffled why it works for some blocks and not others in the same drawing! Any idea what to do to get them all to open in the block editor window? Running AutoCAD LT 14. Pickadd and Pickfirst are set to 1. Blockeditlock is 0.

Thanks in anticipation

Tags (2)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost