Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BATTING SCALE

9 REPLIES 9
SOLVED
Message 1 of 10
GDG1952
14968 Views, 9 Replies

BATTING SCALE

when I insert batting into my drawings in model space, at a scale . why does this not scale correctly in veiwports in paper space. that are individula scales

1;5

1:10

1:1

etc

basic question , but have been struggling for somewhile now.

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
pendean
in reply to: GDG1952

BATTING means what exactly? The ill-mannered LINETYPE provided by Autodesk that does not work (hint: stop wasting your time with it), or a custom hatch pattern (the best option)?

Message 3 of 10
GDG1952
in reply to: pendean

Batting is a line type. And I have found that by setting plsc to 0 it works, tooke me 5 years but hey ho. thanks
Message 4 of 10
katani

Do you mean PSLTSCALE? Having it set to 1 will obviously display the linetype identically in all viewports regardless of their individual scales. That's because in this setting linetype scales are governed by paper space units rather than model space units. In other words a line with a custom linetype will appear in any viewport as it would have been drawn in paper space. Setting this to 0 means linetype scales are governed by model space units. You likely have already figured it out yourself, but maybe others will benefit from this little explanation too.

Message 5 of 10
GDG1952
in reply to: katani

Thanks Took me long enough to get my head round it Many thanks Gordon
Message 6 of 10
pendean

Jsut keep an eye on it: it comes back to bite you when you least expect it.

Message 7 of 10
Bob_Zurunkle

OP with most ppl using PSLTSCALE at 1, so most linetypes look the same across multiple viewports, BATTING as a linetype has become somewhat of a dinosaur. You should consider using a custom hatch instead. I created one a few years ago that scales according to the width of the cavity, and holds together decently for 600 feet length. Not sure if I still have it somewhere -- I may have shared it in an old post here -- but they are not difficult to create if you read up a bit and practice!

If by some odd chance my nattering was useful -- that's great, glad to help. But if it actually solved your issue, then please mark my solution as accepted 🙂
Message 8 of 10

Give this a try if you wish.

You will need the Hatch Pattern as well.

Message 9 of 10
GDG1952
in reply to: pendean

Sure does
Message 10 of 10
GDG1952
in reply to: Bob_Zurunkle

As you say an old problem. I am somewhat of a novice and it is by no means the be all and end all if I do not use it, would be nice but? Thanks for your help.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost