Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autocad on Mac slow

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
have-none
1255 Views, 3 Replies

Autocad on Mac slow

I just bought myself a MacbookPro 17", the newest (2,2-Ghz quad-core Intel Core i7, 4Gb DDR3, AMD Radeon HD 6750M graphic processor with 1 GB DDR5-memory).

Autocad LT runs via Parallels on Windows 7 Pro (2gb memory and 4cpu's installed, but parallels only allows 256Mb video memory) but big plans (>1Mb) are very hard to consult. The zooming in and out is going very very slow, and even panning the plan when it's zoomed out, is everything but fluid.

It runs a bit faster in Bootcamp, but still not as it should be.

I also downloaded the Autocad full version for Mac (trial version), to check if it would go faster when on MacOS, so it can use the complete memory, all CPU's, and the full video memory, but this doesn't go much faster either.

I do have to tell that I just started using Autocad and don't know if there are settings (or where I should edit these) to boost performance.

Anyone with tips?

Thanks in advance!

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
biztrobill
in reply to: have-none

Hi, have-none.

It looks like your message is dated a couple of months ago and I don't see any replies. Maybe you have found your answer by now, but it's apparent that you don't have enough memory to run Autocad, much less Autocad in Parallels.

I began using LT 2011 in Parallels on my iMac, with 2 GB memory. It was VERY slow, so I upgraded to 4GB and my speed improved dramatically. Even with 4GB, I have to close my other apps to free up resources. It's a real pain, and frustrating because I don't feel like I'm getting all the benefits of using a Mac. 

I would recommend at least 4GB, if not 6 or 8GB memory if you run LT in Parallels. Hope this is useful. 

Bill Fowler NCARB
Revit LT Suite 2024
Mac M2 Pro Mini, Apple Studio Display; w/ macOS Ventura, Parallels 18, Windows 11. 32GB memory (Parallels assigns 16GB for Windows virtual machine)
Solo Architecture practice in residential and small commercial design.
Message 3 of 4
pendean
in reply to: biztrobill
Message 4 of 4
rteplow
in reply to: have-none

Hope your problems have been solved. 

I'm sorry that I'm not offering help here. Instead, I have to report that I'm having serious problems running AutoCAD LT 2010 on a Macbook Pro running Parallels 6 and Windows 7. It was fine until I installed an update last week.

I'm posting here because I can't seem to figure out how to start a new topic on this board.

Does anyone else have similar problems? Please help! Thanks in advance.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost