Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autocad Lt 2004

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
JustMe1
273 Views, 2 Replies

Autocad Lt 2004

Hello,

Any idea why after installing service pack A there is no longer a  create new drawing wizard?  When I go to the Create new dialog box  a select template box appears?  See attachment

Thanks

J

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
heinsite
in reply to: JustMe1

I don't mean any disrespect by this, but sometimes using wizards is a lot like riding a bike with training wheels.  You will become more proficient with AutoCAD if you get away from that wizard and simply select a suitable template from that dialog.  Or if you want, you can use or create a new template (DWT) from a drawing you typically use because it's going to contain all the settings you want and would set up via the template.  It'll be a quicker way to begin new work too.  It's even faster to start a new drawing with a QNEW template.

Just some random thoughts.  If template files are still confusing to you or you don't understand the QNEW reference, let us know and someone will continue to walk you thru what it's all about.

Dave.

------------------------------------------------------
Dave Hein, P.E.
Message 3 of 3
JustMe1
in reply to: heinsite

Thanks for the reply Dave.  Generally I agree with set up wizards, but I just started  AutoCad 04 and am following the instructions from the book. 

What you have suggested sounds logical. 

Thanks

J

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost