Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autocad LT suddenly fails to boot!

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
governorbob
1236 Views, 8 Replies

Autocad LT suddenly fails to boot!

I am running a fully licensed version of AutoCAD 2012 LT on Windows 7.  It worked perfectly the last time i used it (several weeks ago).  Just today, the program will not fully load.  Instead, it displays the load screen for several seconds, pops open the CAD window for just a split-second, then disappears.  No warning message popsup.  I tried everything I could think of:

• Repair (from Control Panel>Programs & Features)
  • Reinstall
  • Uninstall & Install
  • Update Operating system (Windows 7) with all "Important" and "optional" Windows updates

Nothing has worked.  I am out of ideas.  Any solutions here would be GREATLY appreciated.  Here are two tips:

1.  An educational version of AutoCAD 2013 i have works normally.
  2.  During the re-install, one warning message displayed this message:

"Failed to find node: //configuration/Connect/V drive in XML file:

C:/Program Files/Autodesk/Content Service/Connect.Service.ContentService.exe.config, system error:

-2147020584"

Thanks for any help! Smiley Happy

~ Frequent user of Autocad 2019, Autocad 2012 LT, Revit
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
pendean
in reply to: governorbob

You should have used Windows System Restore back to a week or month it all worked. It may still help.
Autodesk's recommended uninstall procedures require removal of all Autodesk products, cleaning out the Windows Registry, and reinstalling: not sure you did that.
How many versions and copies of Visual C++ are installed on your PC? Find out through Control Panel's add/remove programs feature.
Message 3 of 9
governorbob
in reply to: pendean

Ahh, alright.  Well thanks for that lead.  I have yet to perform the total un-install you described, but there appear to be 6 different versions of C++ (see attached screenshot of my 'Programs & Features' window).  I'm not computer-wise enough to know if 6 is good or bad. 🙂  Also attached is a screenshot of my monitor right before CAD Lt quits on me, if that is any help.

Message 4 of 9
braudpat

Hello

Just a stupid question :

Have you installed Autodesk Chronicle Software ?

Bye, Pat

Patrice ( Supporting Troops ) - Autodesk Expert Elite
If you are happy with my answer please mark "Accept as Solution" and if very happy please give me a Kudos (Felicitations) - Thanks

Patrice BRAUD

EESignature

Message 5 of 9
pendean

In addition to other tips... I suggest you uninstall all Visual C++, restart your PC, install LT. Whether that worked or not you must use Windows Update Program, select a manual update (link found on that popup's right side) so that it can put back any additional Visual C++ versions your other programs may need.
Message 6 of 9
governorbob
in reply to: braudpat

Just a stupid answer:

Nope, i've not installed that.  Didn't even know what it was.

Message 7 of 9
governorbob
in reply to: pendean

Hello,

Would you be able to point me to where Autodesk discusses uninstalling all Autodesk software & cleaning the registry?  I've not dabbled with the registry much and could use a walkthrough. 

I uninstalled all 6 versions of C++ & installed all updates (not just the "important" ones) except for the language packs... as you recommended.  However, this hasn't worked either.  Scratching my head & running out of options at the moment.  Any other ideas folks?

Thanks much.

Message 8 of 9
Charles_Shade
Message 9 of 9
governorbob
in reply to: Charles_Shade

It has been some time... but I'm quite certain your comment, Charles_Shade, was the fix. Thanks/

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost