Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autocad LT 32 bit to 64 bit

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
rfielder
2134 Views, 4 Replies

Autocad LT 32 bit to 64 bit

Hi There,

I just received a new computer, and while trying to transfer my Autocad LT 2013, I have come to realize that the version I had was on a 32 bit computer, while the new computer I have is a 64 bit computer (Windows 7 for both).  I originally downloaded the Autocad software from this site as a trial and upgraded later, so I never received any sort of CD or anything.  Is there any way to transfer the 32 bit program to a 64 bit program without repurchasing, and if so, how?

Thank you!

-Robin

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
pendean
in reply to: rfielder

No, you need the 64bit version of your LT.
Someone at Autodesk will eventually see your post and get you a link, sit tight, it's a long holiday weekend in the US.

Next time you buy software, any software, take the time to download all the free versions then save these downloads so you can recover and not have to do this again anywhere.
Message 3 of 5
rfielder
in reply to: pendean

Thanks, I found the proper link through the wonder of Google and downloaded it.  Everything is working fine!

-Robin

Message 4 of 5
nlandeng
in reply to: rfielder

how do i transfer aclt12 32 bit software from windows xp to windows 8.1 64 bit newer computer and make it work on the window 8.1 os.

i know how to transfer the software via autodesk's procedure, but making it function properly is i do not know

Message 5 of 5
pendean
in reply to: nlandeng

LT2012 is not supporte4d in Win8/8.1,

Microsoft's website offers many tips on how to run old software in newer WIndow versions. And you can download LT2012 64bit version here if you need it:
1. Go to http://autodesk.creativevirtual15.com/autodesk/bot.html?isJSEnabled=1&businessArea=Root.Front%20Desk...
2. Select the choice "Download Links".
3. Select your product, then variant, then version as applicable.
4. You should now be presented with the choice to download your software.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost